Wanderthread

Poking around at some history from Grandad’s time…

1 Like
3 Likes

Practical politics:

4 Likes

Despite reports, this was not an I-thought-we-were-off-the-record oopsie. Bannon is deliberately feeding the chooks.

However, he’s Bannon: Trump’s Goebbels. Don’t take him at face value. Truth has no impact on what he says; the only motivation is what effect he hopes to achieve.

3 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

Don’t do it! Look what it did to me!

Anyway, there seems to be a ray of hope that the political right aren’t irredeemable in good ol’ Straya, where racist terminology flies off the tongue like when I spit out vegemite. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Plan. Now.

2 Likes

Looking at the commentary, it seems that a lot of people are still making plans to combat fascists with witty street theatre.

I’m afraid that it will take another weekend of blood before they realise they need to take it seriously.

And I fear that is still too optimistic.

1 Like

You turned into Erdogan?

2 Likes

Back to the international front: it looks like they’re trying to cool off the North Korea situation. Bannon’s interview, Trump’s tweet, etc.

Expect Syria, Yemen and Iran to heat up afterwards.

2 Likes

Why there is hope:

7 Likes

That was a truly amazing event of disobedience.

2 Likes

I AM SPARTACUS  

1 Like
1 Like

Memory war.

1 Like

The political threads at the other place are absolutely swamped in posts along the lines of “if event X happens, Trump is surely doomed! Hooray!”

Reading it is driving me absolutely batty. Folks still think that someone else is going to magically fix this for them.

3 Likes