Wanderthread

This is what counts as disgraceful police thuggery in a normal country:

Late-stage quisling.

1 Like
1 Like

Thread:

That doesn’t even logically make sense. He couldn’t beat Moore in the primary but could in the general? Forget all the other issues inherent in the proposal (which take it from stupid to abhorrent).

5 Likes

A different approach to football:

This thread is stupid on many levels. When you actually dive into it, it starts with a women complaining about a man utterly dismissing political views because they were women with a thin veneer of them not being one of the handful of women whose opinions he acknowledges. Then the act of those women complaining about a rude and sexist guy has someone reply with a lot of stuff about healthcare, and then the conversation she wasn’t even looking for wouldn’t die she says some very reasonable arguments about how single payer has to get through more hurdles than just single payer medicine to include abortion coverage. Then yet another guy branches the conversation off to complain about a woman not caring about female causes the right way, and even had their initial assumptions immediately countered.

It’s like a perfect encapsulation of how shitty Twitter is for any conversation.

Framing the issues from the left perspective…

There is a strong tendency on white liberal Twitter to:

1. Dismiss and erase any leftist critique that comes from PoC or women.
  2. Portray all critics as white males, and dismiss any opposition as being motivated purely by misogyny.
  3. Suppress any discussion of imperialism, militarism or the economic aspects of racism and sexism.

https://twitter.com/lanadelraytheon/status/913812252985262082

I haven’t been saving these sorts of posts because it isn’t something I focus on, but a dozen go through my feed every day. The fight between left and liberal is getting rather vigorous.

1 Like

And then there’s this

Super-paranoid side of me says it wasn’t an accident: it’s easier to discredit legitimate voices when you can point to so many illegitimate ones and sow doubt.

4 Likes

Yah; the real Antifa radicals were pretty pissed off about the fake Boston Antifa Russia bullshit. Liberal promotion of that was playing straight into the fascist’s hands.

4 Likes
3 Likes

Good list of Twitter accounts to follow if you’re interested in the moderate activist PoC left: