Game: "And then the murders began."

And then the murders began.

18 Likes

I realised I wanted to do ‘The Road Not Taken’ but that’s one bloody sentence, too!
##so:
“Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;
And then the murders began.”

10 Likes

Also [Applauds @chenille and @Nonentity for their performance art] :slight_smile:

5 Likes

“Once upon a time, long, long ago, in a realm called the Midwestern United States-specifically the states of Minnesota and Wisconsin-a group of friends gathered together to forever alter the history of gaming. And then the murders began.”
-D&D 5e Player’s Handbook

13 Likes

Crows grew tired of roosting alone. And then the murders began.

13 Likes

24 Likes

Dorothy lived in the midst of the great Kansas praries, with Uncle Henry, who was a farmer, and Aunt Em, who was the farmer’s wife. And then the murders began.

• The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, L. Frank Baum
    By some accounts, that sums up Dorothy’s encounter with Oz neatly…

“There are dragons in the twins’ vegatable garden.” And then the murders began.

• A Wind in the Door, Madeline L’Engle
    I’d have gone for A Wrinkle in Time, but since it literally starts with “It was a dark and stormy night” it seemed a bit blah.

*bows*

13 Likes

The building was on fire, and it wasn’t my fault.

–Jim Butcher, Blood Rites

7 Likes

Gonna cheat with a paragraph, because the entire thing works best:

It was October 23, 2008. The stock market was in free fall, having plummeted almost 30 percent over the previous five weeks. Once-esteemed companies like Lehman Brothers had gone bankrupt. Credit markets had all but ceased to function. Houses in Las Vegas had lost 40 percent of their value. Unemployment was skyrocketing. Hundreds of billions of dollars had been committed to failing financial firms. Confidence in government was the lowest that pollsters had ever measured. The presidential election was less than two weeks away.

The Signal and the Noise Nate Silver.

14 Likes

Episode 1: Steven thinks his favorite ice cream sandwiches are the trick to summoning his magic shield but learns otherwise when facing off with an acid spewing insect monster. And then the murders began.

7 Likes

“I went to sleep with gum in my mouth and now there’s gum in my hair and when I got out of bed this morning I tripped on the skateboard and by mistake I dropped my sweater in the sink while the water was running and I could tell it was going to be a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day…
And then the murders began.”

• Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day, Judith Viorst
12 Likes

It is a period of civil war. Rebel spaceships, striking from a hidden base, have won their first victory against the evil Galactic Empire. And then the murders began.

47 comments in, I can’t believe nobody did that one yet!

12 Likes

You win!

3 Likes

“Intellectual and political debate about the distribution of wealth has long been based on an abundance of prejudice and a paucity of fact. And then the murders began.”

• Thomas Piketty, Capital in the 21st Century
8 Likes

I am a physician and human biologist for whom the natural history of human sexuality is of as much interest as the rest of human natural history. As with the rest of human natural history, I had notes on it. My wife encouraged me to bring biology into medicine, and my old medical school had no decent textbook to teach a human sexuality course. And then the murders began.

11 Likes

October 2, 1950:

“Well! Here comes ol’ Charlie Brown! Good ol’ Charlie Brown… yes, sir! Good ol’ Charlie Brown… How I hate him!”

13 Likes

Sooner or later, it was bound to happen. On 30 June 1908,Moscow escaped destruction by three hours and four thousand kilometres - a margin invisibly small by the standards of the universe. And then the murders began.

• Rendezvous With Rama, Arthur C. Clarke

Hello valued Planet Mercenary Customer! We’ve been providing the finest weapons, armor, and materiel to sophonts like you for over six hundred years. And then the murders began.

• Planet Mercenary RPG manual
    You’d think with all those weapons, the murders would have begun a lot sooner…

Now, this is a story all about how my life got flipped - turned upside down. And then the murders began.

• Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
10 Likes

So, the Full House theme tune doesn’t have lyrics?

4 Likes

Just sit right back and you’ll hear a tale,
A tale of a fateful trip,
That started from this tropic port,
Aboard this tiny ship.

12 Likes

To be fair, that’s entirely accurate regarding GoT.

6 Likes