#DammitKansas

I’m putting this here to collect a running list of the times when Kansas has failed me or its residents.

I expect it will get quite long.

11 Likes

Emphasis mine.

8 Likes
7 Likes

Oh yes it will.

Let me add to it.

The thing about the last one is the asshole that came up with the “trickle” down horseshit lives in the state I am incarcerated in (feels like anyhow), Tennessee. He thinks the economy here is great based on his ideas. I say it’s crap and he needs to STFU.

5 Likes

Trickle-down works as intended: the rich get richer and can piss on everyone without consequence (that’s the trickle).

13 Likes

So true unfortunately.

3 Likes

22 Likes

It’s literally failed twice on a national stage, but, still, the third time is the charm with some people.

10 Likes

Or the fourth, or fifth, or…

Seems like the excuse is always “it would have worked if they’d just gone far enough with it”.

13 Likes

That’s what the fucktard that came up with it (not going to bother looking up his name) keeps saying. “It would work if they gave it enough time!”

Kansas has had it in place for how long? And the only thing it’s done is destroy their economy and budget. The funny thing is the business owners that cheered for this are now realizing that people who don’t have money can’t buy the products they sell. So they are now turning against the whole thing.

14 Likes

If you’re talking about Laffer, then… that, and (from one of your links, paraphrased), “Kansas just doesn’t have beaches, and they didn’t lower taxes enough!”

They love saying things like “A poor person can’t spend themselves into wealth” as though that has any relationship to how taxes and government are supposed to interact with the economy…

11 Likes

I’m often surprised at how this is a surprise for them.
Even Henry Ford had that figured out, way back when. It really shouldn’t be news to businesses or governments.

11 Likes

that’s cause the trickle downers don’t understand anything beyond ECON 101. You get to the state and national level, it’s different rules.

they have forgotten that basic lesson and it’s going to bite us all in the ass

8 Likes

This won’t be covered by your healthcare, either.

11 Likes

Exactly. When you have less concern/appreciation of the place of working people in the economy than the Fords and Rockefellers of the world, you’re in a bad and ultimately untenable space.

12 Likes

This actually seems like the right turn of events, but the fact that this crime happened at all makes me unreasonably angry.

7 Likes

Indeed. Between this and the override of the governors veto on the tax bill, it looks like a sliver of sanity in Kansas. Let’s hope it holds.

5 Likes

I usually avoid cross posting, but Dammit Kansas:

At least there appears to be a somewhat satisfying ending.

10 Likes

I had to check the date stamp on that article, because cops have mistaken tea and gardening for other pursuits before.

If they have drug tests so sensitive that a pregnant woman who eats a poppyseed bagel before a doctor’s appointment can be accused of being a heroin addict, why can’t they figure out tea and marijuana are not even close to the same plant?

3 Likes

And while they’re at it, why not re-align the police response level to the actual severity of the crime. Even if this was a grow op, it was a home-based one, not some 1000-acre compound with armed guards and a machine gun nest.

6 Likes