14 year old cracker Trojans homebrew devs, finks devs out to Nintendo, blows blood money on macbook

Asshole Billy “PokeAcer” Humphreys takes the cake for Worst Brogrammer with this week’s incident. In one fell swoop, Billy _committed _ a crime, shat on developers, and prevented the 3ds modding community from receiving g a future jailbreak. All for a cool $3000 in cash. Some people would best him up for free.

2 Likes

One Shkreli goes down, another one rises up.

I do hope someone teaches this little shit that corporations are not the final arbiters of what is right and good. He sounds like a villain from a Doctorow novel.

7 Likes

14 year olds are not in any way adults. The problem I see was letting him near anything in the first place. Anybody who has taught that age group knows that you don’t only not give them the key of the banana plantation, you lie about where it is kept. Hormones trump brains at that age.

6 Likes

Kid wrote a BetterDiscord plugin, one that was widely used. And contained a trojan that enabled him to hijack a homebrew dev’s account, which is how he got access to the jailbreaks. Wasn’t a matter of somebody trusting him with the keys to the kingdom.

5 Likes

Perhaps I should rephrase that; if a 14 year old gives you the key he’s made for the banana plantation, timeo danaos et dona ferentes.

6 Likes

Or the hero in a Rand novel

9 Likes

“14-year-old-cracker-trojans-homebrew-devs-finks-devs-out-to-nintendo-blows-blood-money-on-macbook”

I’m trying to imagine what I would have made of that headline had I read it in, say, 1980.

7 Likes

just like roaches…you can’t wipe out Shkreli’s

4 Likes

I had to read it more than once in 2017.

4 Likes