2017 U.S. election results

:blush:

On phone in the bus so y’all can share the other election results tonight if you want, looks like good news all around so far!

17 Likes

Looks like lil’ Trump’s anti-immigrant campaign hasn’t made him governor of Virginia… and may make his party a minority in the statehouse.

3 Likes

might be a slim hope for this country yet.

4 Likes

This might not hold, but I got a giggle out of this analysis, nonetheless:

5 Likes

:laughing:

8 Likes
13 Likes
8 Likes
4 Likes

Good:

10 Likes

When trans delegate-elect Danica Roem was asked about Bob Marshall, self-described “chief homophobe” who refused to debate her or use her pronouns, Danica said, “I don’t attack my constituents. Bob is my constituent now.”

:fire: :fire: :fire:

Oh, she’s also a heavy metal player.

21 Likes

6 Likes

From the article you link to:

Stephen J. Farnsworth, a political-science professor at the University of Mary Washington in Fredericksburg, said Roem’s victory shows “that cultural wars don’t win elections like they used to.”

What the hell was this election if not a cultural war? It’s just that the good guys won for a change.

9 Likes

I think his argument was that Dems won by focusing on practical issues while R’s ranted about The Other, but… those aren’t really different strategies from last year, so dunno

6 Likes

I think his argument was to deflect from our demonstrably bigger, better, smarter, kinder FUCKING ARMY

4 Likes

Unfortunately St. Louis City Prop P passed – raising $20 million additional revenue through sales tax to increase the racist, fascist cops’ salary – though killing it was one of the goals of the ongoing protests.

Still. Lots of good news elsewhere in the country.

1 Like