(a. Polls (b. POLLS (c. poles

although i suffer from a caffeine deficiency which requires taking frequent infusions during the course of the day, i’m primarily an unfiltered tap water kind of human, which seems to be the plurality choice among respondents. i like that because it tells me that many of my fellow mutants are practical people.

4 Likes

tap water when I’m thirsty, beer when I’m dry

4 Likes

Filtered, but I have a well and it’s only to pull out the copper and iron which tend to be elevated around here and make my water taste funky.

Making coffee - unfiltered water - coffee IS a filter, and every bit as good as any other kind of charcoal filter.

1 Like

Should we quote what we’re responding to even when it’s the immediately preceding post?

Serious question.

• yes
  • no

0 voters

2 Likes

Yes, especially if you’re responding to a particular bit.

3 Likes

It’ll depend on context. The only reason I mentioned it was to point out that what you said about Cersei was surprisingly applicable to Daenerys as well.

But sometimes it’s good practice to quote, especially in busy threads, to keep the context clear. Other times the meaning will be obvious, and a quote will be somewhat redundant.

3 Likes

Didn’t even occur to me. The people supporting Daenerys are revolutionaries and religious zealots. Daenerys herself is a literal demigod. The whole concept of monarchy is almost irrelevant. And she certainly doesn’t need to worry about impressing anybody with her wardrobe.

But I see what you’re saying.

2 Likes