A Roundup of Worldwide Evil

The whole U.S.A is like watching a train wreck happen.

12 Likes

While you’re standing on the tracks, with your boot stuck in between the ties…

13 Likes

How do you read the comments? When I click the button the article moves to the side and gets a gray background, ak no comments.

3 Likes

I had to turn off my ad blocker to see them. Couldn’t reactivate it fast enough.

9 Likes

Hmm. I think Bogart has the best retort on the subject of Nazis invading New York.

4 Likes

Coming soon —
Under Seige 3

6 Likes

I keep wondering where Ed Snowden is going to end up in all this.

6 Likes
5 Likes

The death penalty should be abolished, full stop. The thing is, no matter how “well” the actual execution goes, it’s a risky, fraught, and ultimately pointless punishment.

14 Likes

Thread:

8 Likes

Awful.

6 Likes

He has 4 degrees!

[ETA: He’s awesome and what happened to him is fucked up.]

7 Likes

Can you provide context? Alas I don’t recognize the guy. I assume the woman on the left is a typical FoxPod.

5 Likes

Aslan was on Fox, promoting his book about Jesus, and she asked what a Muslim was doing writing a book about Jesus… Of course he has 4 degrees in religious studies, which he says at several points in the interview…

The book on Jesus is very good, btw.

11 Likes

Thanks!

Don’t these folks know that an outsider’s view is often useful? Especially if they have academic creds . . . oh, wait, of course not. It’s Fox.

6 Likes

Not to mention that Jesus is part of Islam, just not the way he is in Christianity.

Want to really see a right-wing Christian’s head explode, see them talk about Jesus with a neo-Pagan. Jesus is generally respected for his shamanism (it’s St. Paul who doesn’t fare so well), and a lot of neo-Pagans come from Christian backgrounds.

10 Likes

The look of wide-eyed “ohhhh, it’s going to be one of those interviews, is it?” incredulity on his face is so much fun:

8 Likes

I’m impressed he managed to spit all those (considerable) credentials out before she interrupted him.

5 Likes

Beware of any group called “Ultras.”

8 Likes

Reza Aslan is a former Evangelical Christian.

5 Likes