A World Turned Upside Down: Australian News

Being a person who was brought up with all kinds of music, I had a Disney LP with songs from around the world, sung by a boys’ choir. The first Oz avian I ever heard of was this:

1 Like
1 Like

BTW:

3 Likes

But then there’s this one; you gotta cassowary eye when one of these are around!

2 Likes
1 Like
3 Likes
1 Like

:crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

The NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian just resigned.

1. The resignation is due to a corruption scandal involving Berejiklian personally directing public funds towards her cartoonishly corrupt boyfriend. She’s running for cover because it looks like she might be about to be indicted.

2. Even without the corruption scandal, her Covid management has been criminally horrendous, particularly in regard to the welfare and treatment of poorer and non-white members of the community.

3. Even without the corruption and the Covid, she’s still a right-wing piece of shit representing a shitty right-wing party.

So how does the ALP respond to her resignation?

Like this:

2 Likes

Eh, I can’t blame them for that. The AFR was trying to crown her Most Powerful Person in the country just this morning. With 80% of the media against them, easier to let the Liberals just publicly shit themselves and not be drawn into the cubicle.

Meet the likely new Premier of NSW:

1 Like

Urgh.

I’m going to add:

1. If you stand for bodily autonomy, you are not a Ruritanian national chauvinist. They are either irrelevant to each other or somewhat at odds. But a lot of the people who claim to speak for “free speech” don’t.

2. The appropriate word is “in denial.”

3. The appropriate word is “definitely a xenophobe, and willing to support white supremacist and eugenicist policies relardless of your personal motivations, and probably a racist.”

4. The appropririate word is “heterosexist … and homophobe.”

5. Meaningless.

2 Likes

2 Likes

My mom herself told me that she didn’t have me and my brother to take care of her in her old age. Fuck those people. Fuck 'em all to hell. And some folks have been so cruel to their kids, the children don’t WANT to take care of 'em.

1 Like

Oz media running stories about foreign ownership of Australian assets again.

2 Likes

NT media taking a direct approach to vaccine hesitancy:

2 Likes
  1. The Indue Card system is sadistic grifty bullshit, and is malfunctioning exactly as designed.

2. This is true regardless of the recipient. Some white Australians are beginning to worry that the system may be extended to them, but it was just as fucked up and wrong when it was initially inflicted upon Indigenous people.

3. However, since middle class white people rarely care about anything that doesn’t directly affect them:

The ABC article at the core of this thread is 90% pro-government pro-Indue propaganda, BTW.

2 Likes
3 Likes
1 Like

It’s a big club, and we ain’t in it.

2 Likes