A World Turned Upside Down: Australian News

And that’s a beautiful thing. Especially considering the campaign the Libs ran on. So tired, unoriginal, full of racist dog-whistles.

Also, no democracy sausages at my polling booth. :slightly_frowning_face:

5 Likes
6 Likes

It’s great…two elections ago, my seat was Lib (although a moderate MP, doesn’t mean much when you toe the party line). It went Green last election, and now the Greens & ALP are pulling 60% of the first preferences.

The way things are going, there’s every chance Costello’s old federal seat will finally change colour next year…

6 Likes
3 Likes
5 Likes

I heard a prediction Labor could end up with 60 out of 88 seats in Vic parl! Including the previously very Lib Brighton, Sandringham and… Hawthorn maybe? It’s late, I start work in less than 2 hrs and haven’t slept. Things are getting fuzzy.

4 Likes

6 Likes

https://twitter.com/rubyhamad/status/1068033501671317505?s=21

9 Likes

It looks like Miki is taking after his friend 45 in more than one way:

4 Likes

You know, I don’t expect much of the Federal Parliament at the best of times, but today - that was an absolute shameful clusterfuck on every possible level.

4 Likes
3 Likes
4 Likes
4 Likes
6 Likes

Remember how the Liberals brought in internships instead of actually doing something about unemployment and everyone said “that’s a terrible fucking idea, companies will just use this to underpay a disposable workforce rather than paying people for an actual job” and the Liberals were all “oh no, really, it’ll totally work (you fucking serfs)”?

Colour me surprised
39,456 votes and 2,087 comments so far on Reddit

8 Likes
2 Likes

It’s hot enough to boil a monkeys bum, eh, Bruce?

3 Likes
2 Likes
5 Likes
6 Likes