A World Turned Upside Down: Australian News

Needs a pair of budgie smugglers to be truly authentic.

3 Likes

I see you have a strict, “No Shoes, No Shirt, No Problem” regulations.

4 Likes
1 Like

Fucking bullshit Americanised militarism.

4 Likes

Oh what the fucking fuck.

Because if there’s any country we want to emulate right now, it’s America.

3 Likes

Even Catherine McGregor’s opposed to it! And it stinks even more as an empty gesture when the government’s giving the war memorial half a billion dollars instead of investing in healthcare and other services for veterans.

4 Likes
8 Likes
8 Likes
4 Likes

Apparently now it has been determined as ‘lone wolf terrorism’ - via the ABC and The Age.

2 Likes
2 Likes

More imported far right bullshit:

3 Likes

Just voted for the state election. Postal voting is possibly the best thing in the world. Nothing like sitting back with a glass of whiskey and being able to google who all these microparties are, then nope them the fuck away from the top of the preference list.

7 Likes

3 Likes

Didn’t know you’re in Vic too! Hate that I live in Lib territory, but enjoy doing my bit voting against them.

3 Likes

(note for the furriners: Sky News is the Oz Fox equivalent)

3 Likes

Why it might work:

4 Likes

5 Likes

So a bit over an hour after polls close, Antony Green has called the Vic election for Labor (for those not in Aust, that’s the ostensibly left party but probably closer to the centre these days, although the current Victorian incarnation has moved towards the progressive).

Apparently a system where you can’t disenfranchise minorities or gerrymander your way to victory is unhelpful to the conservative side of politics :wink:

7 Likes

…and not just a win for the ALP, but an absolute massacre of the right. Barely any of the Lib/Nat Coalition surviving.

6 Likes