A World Turned Upside Down: Australian News

Not entirely inaccurate.

2 Likes

Lots of us may take umbrage (it tastes better than Vegemite) at the fact that many states that are missing.

But I guess since there’s not as much fresh (?) water in Oz than there is in Michigan, there’d be no place for that state, eh?

1 Like

I don’t know, FNQ has much more of a Florida vibe to me…
And Melbourne would like to think that it’s NY, but in honesty we’re probably somewhere in Canada :man_shrugging:

3 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes

Tasmanian tree tories doing their usual thing, but the wind farms will probably go ahead.

The idea is to refine zero-carbon renewable hydrogen, sell power to the mainland (which might require the construction of a second Bass Strait power cable) and use Tasmania’s hydro for pumped storage (buy power when cheap, use it to pump the dams full, sell it back when power is expensive).

However, the economic sustainability of all that is heavily dependent upon the continuing non-existence of cheap clean renewable power on the mainland.

2 Likes

3 Likes

They got the French Revolution one a bit wrong.

1 Like

Yes, that’s a wasteful way to open a bottle of champagne.

Given the state of Tas politics this is unlikely to have a worthwhile outcome, but regardless:

1 Like

Meanwhile…

2 Likes
1 Like

2 Likes

I guess at least the rest of us can point this out. He may be able to sue one person for calling him what he has demonstrably chosen to be, but he can’t sue everyone.

1 Like

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

1 Like

1 Like