All The Feels

3 Likes

the sheer amount of cameos in this video is amazing. i donā€™t understand the story, but really, it doesnā€™t matter.

2 Likes

WntrSlstcCactus.1 WntrSlstcCactus.2

This is a Christmas cactus that was my late momā€™s. I guess itā€™s resistant to my Agent Orange thumb. And Mom was still alive & with it, Iā€™m pretty sure, the last time it bloomed near Christmas. I guess I could call it a Winter Solstice cactus, eh?

8 Likes

Those things are indestructible! Theyā€™ll bloom shortly after a good watering after a long drought, so you can time it to be a Thanksgiving cactus, or a Hanukkah one, or a Kwanzaa oneā€¦.or even a Valentines Day one!

5 Likes

Oh, I know - but my luck with houseplants usually isnā€™t this good.

5 Likes

Ha!

How old is the cactus?

We are deadly to them, so we have none. Besides with cats (at one time, six), we have always been afraid of them eating them, not knowing whatā€™s poisonous and whatā€™s not, not to mention them knocking it over.

2 Likes

Hum, well it was my mumā€™s originally, so from before 2016ā€¦at least 2008. She had a plant-shelving unit for the bay window (which I got rid of soon after she died, as it was rickety). But Luke rarely tried to jump up there. I have a red palm tree that I named Cleopatra that was on that unit and it grew up to conform to the shape of the roof of the bay. I have a couple of other plants of hers that havenā€™t thrived but havenā€™t died under my care.

She didnā€™t leave notes or anything about what was what and how to care for each plant. I try to remember to water them, and so far so good.

3 Likes
3 Likes

This was done two years after my parentsā€™ blowout, but time began to heal the wound I felt from it. Trite-sounding, but the young are so resilient; I was 11 in Nov. of '75.

And of course itā€™s pure propaganda - but the thing is, all the stuff shown in the film is true.

I so wish theyā€™d had these in Detroit when I was a kidā€¦even just one downtown, yā€™know?

1 Like

Warning: Loud music.

2 Likes

A possible gift for 4-8 year olds, just released today (March 1, 2022):

#1 New Release in Childrenā€™s Jewish Fiction Books

Caveat: We knew the author, who sad to say, passed last week, just before the book came out. A real loss; she could have written so many more. :crying_cat_face:

7 Likes

Iā€™m not into cars all that much, but I watch art videos, and I guess thatā€™s why this Dip Your Car channel popped up in my YT feed. I like the different color combos and experiments they run with various pigments and flakesā€¦ thereā€™s just something about it that fascinates me on an artistic level.

The video they put out today was a special one, in memory of a very young fan. Itā€™s sad, yet heartwarming in its own way, and it made me tear up.

5 Likes

Pretty cool!

A while back I saw a car with a matte black finish. Definitely not cool. In the summer it would be even hotter than a shiny black car.

3 Likes

They tried spraying a car with Musuo Black (one of the blackest black paints) once, over a dip base. Itā€™s not a good pigment to use, since itā€™s fragile, but the effect is impressive:

And yes, I canā€™t imagine how much hotter the inside of that car would beā€¦ :exploding_head:

6 Likes

Well, if you only drive it at night . . .

5 Likes

dunnnadunnnadunnnaā€¦

4 Likes

That was super sweet

3 Likes
6 Likes

This was taken yesterday, on the small island next to a handicapped parking space at the Meijer on the NW corner of 10 Mile & Schoenherr in Warren, Michigan.

We were parked a few spaces down from there, and I didnā€™t even notice it on the way into the store. It was only when I took a closer look on the way back to the car that I saw the duck.

ADDENDUM: I posted a review for that store & used the photo. Iā€™m very impressed by the level of compassion shown by the storeā€™s staff.

7 Likes