All The Feels

That’s probably it, because I’m not tearing up. Not at all. I’ve just been staring at the monitor too long and my eyes are tired.

11 Likes

i haven’t skateboarded in many, many years, but this rings true to the things i’ve seen about skateboarders in general. they get a bad rap, but they are usually super happy people are showing an interest in the sport, and if you give them a chance they will be happy to interact with you and help. it makes me happy to see this. <3

14 Likes

I used to hang out in skate parks. This doesn’t surprise me too much (and I’m totally not crying anyway).

I also used to teach high school freshmen. They were awesome.

9 Likes

. . . available in 1969."

E.g., a Moog Modular! And the documentary looks so cool.

7 Likes

argh, it was playing here for like 2 weeks and i just couldn’t make the time to go see it. by the time i had a weekend date free, it was gone : (

4 Likes

Well, that’s rotten.

1 Like

Isn’t that most instruments around today? Not many synths, but almost literally everything else.

4 Likes

Sorry, I’m not following.

1 Like

“Instruments available in 1969” is everything in a traditional orchestra, everything in world music ensembles, even most electric (but not electronic) instruments. It only rules out most synths and most solid state amplification.

6 Likes

My mind is in a fog. :woozy_face: Based on context, of course, he was referring specifically to synthesizers, but I agree it’s poorly worded.

4 Likes

The Stylophone came out in '68, so it’s good to go.

5 Likes

I don’t think Toto’s Africa was played on either one of them, though.

5 Likes
5 Likes

My personal favorite.

5 Likes

http://synthmuseum.com/

5 Likes

Thread:

15 Likes
4 Likes
9 Likes

To properly get “the feels,” you have to read this one.

5 Likes
6 Likes