All The Feels

4 Likes

That doesn’t sound healthy!
Interesting, it made me think of Isaac Asimov’s story, “The Dead Past,” which dealt with an obsession with a dead person. (A very moving story, despite Asimov’s reputation as a very cerebral writer.)

6 Likes
5 Likes
1 Like
11 Likes

wow, i have tears in my eyes. he has no idea how much good he’s doing for kids who may feel alone in the world.

8 Likes

I thought his truck was super cute and I saw some posts about it - that he joined the Pride parade - just the best thing. Allyship matters.

7 Likes
3 Likes

From an expired driver’s license, year unknown, probably the mid-1970s, and my mom’s union card (she worked for Western Union; the card is for the 1945-1946 year):
UNK

Found 'em in a box in the garage today. BTW, who else is sweltering, with gusty breezes all about?

8 Likes

Same. Went to get some yogurt (still trying to repair my gut flora) and having the trots on a sweaty day isn’t fun.

Still, how cool to find such positive memories of your mom! :heart_eyes_cat:

7 Likes

(good thread)

5 Likes
5 Likes
3 Likes
10 Likes

i need this…but there’s no one here…i dunno if my son would do it or not.

13 Likes

Except for having the other person present, this is basically my self-care regimen.

9 Likes

I do something similar but with cats involved. Virtual hugs from us to you.

10 Likes

A friend of mine, only a few months younger than I, has two sons and a daughter. One of the sons came out to her as gay. She said she never thought much one way or the other about gay people before that, but now she really cares.

It’s nutty, how we can be apathetic about something until it affects us personally.

12 Likes

Or actively hostile to it . . .

7 Likes
11 Likes