All The Feels

For the little stories that make you laugh, love and weep at the same time.

Classed under “joy” because there’s two good feelings in that list, and I want this to be a heartfelt thread, not an angry one.

9 Likes

I’ll start:

11 Likes

Smiles and tears at the same time, for sure.

This brings to mind another hero of mine, Jim Henson, and a song by Tom Smith that while I think it is one of the best songs he’s ever written, I can’t listen to it very often. I still start crying every time I hear it(*).

A Boy and his Frog (lyrics and story)

He’s made the live recording available for free:
http://www.tomsmithonline.com/freestuff/oddio/BoyFrog.mp3

• – Or, apparently, read through the lyrics. Gah.
7 Likes

sniff

Here’s the Muppet Show tribute for Jim Henson. The part where Kermit finally arrives and doesn’t say anything at first always kills me.

12 Likes

That was some testimony. I love how he won the chair over by communicating respect, and how he threw out all those numbers at the start.

1 Like

That tribute show is a full on 10 handkerchief weepie.

3 Likes

omg, i can’t watch this. he died right before my birthday, and i STILL am in mourning over him, i think.

3 Likes
8 Likes

16 Likes

https://curiosity.com/topics/every-year-the-curiosity-rover-sings-a-lonely-birthday-song-curiosity/

6 Likes

For days like today:

5 Likes

A Tale of Two Captains:

Seriously, Shatner, if you haven’t already given up your citizenship I think that’s grounds for kicking you out. And Patrick Stewart is awesome. Always.

14 Likes
11 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like

That was for his student teaching year in Skokie. This year:

Reed will teach full-time at Learn Campbell Charter School in East Garfield Park when school starts. And yes, he does have a new video that he is now sending to his students.

This is one of the most dangerous neighborhoods in the city (also home to one of the finest Conservatories, as well). He’s walking the walk.

2 Likes
6 Likes

Am I the only one who thinks he’s totally adorable? I’d totally be crushing on my teacher if I was in his class.

2 Likes
1 Like