Did Somebody Say "Star Trek"?

Well, Gen. Chang was one of us. Come to think of it, so were the Duras sisters. Most of us didn’t need to pretend to be 'Murican to get on the Enterprise. Indeed, we didn’t need to get on the Enterprise at all: we had already spread out in space long before. :wink:

8 Likes

I was thinking of this dramatic recitation…

Nobody’s perfect.

However, if Kirk was one of ours and a wannabe, Montgomery Scott was one of ours as well, and neither particularly fond of Kirk (but then, who was?) nor a wannabe.

5 Likes

Maybe. Sisko does a better eyeroll, though!

ds9-sisko-eyeroll

11 Likes

I heard Neil deGrasse Tyson trying to interview Bill Shatner once.

Without a script to read, Shatner sounds a lot like Donald Trump, incoherent and self-absorbed.

He said his favorite ST movie was Star Trek 5.

12 Likes

Yeah, that’s about right:

4 Likes

Well, it was the one he directed so it’s not entirely surprising.

8 Likes

Now, let’s not start dissing Star Trek 5. It did give us this great marshmallow dispenser:

9 Likes

So what exactly is that thing?

Why does a marshmallow dispenser need a spoon and fork?

10 Likes

It is an Official Kraft™ Star Trek V Marshmallow Dispenser, that holds 3 Kraft™ marshmallows. You slide a little lever thing and a little door thing (like a shuttle bay door) opens and a marshmallow pops out.

I thought the movie stunk, but when I saw this on a bag of marshmallows it looked so incredibly stupid I just had to buy one. It’s languishing in a box somewhere.

What, don’t you eat marshmallows with fork and spoon? :roll_eyes:

13 Likes

Is it really supposed to be used for something else, like how head shops used to sell “lamp parts” from which you could coincidentally also assemble a device for smoking the dank?

8 Likes

:crazy_face:

Uhm, better not. Unless you like burning polystyrene smoke too. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

So do the discovery writers think their new klingon antagonist is more charismatic than he is or what?

2 Likes

Sssshhh. Spoilers. :stuck_out_tongue:

I haven’t seen it yet but probably.

2 Likes

[citation needed]

3 Likes

Not even in New Trek do shuttlecraft come out of the warp nacelles. JEEZ!

6 Likes

Its not awful right off the bat, and the opening credits are actually pretty cool.

5 Likes

I have found the answer!!

Having never seen the entire movie, I had not known about this little detail. Sure I knew about Spock’s anti-gravity boots and singing Row-Row-Row Your Boat, but I never new about this handy marshmellon dispenser…

Well beam me up, Admiral Ackbar.

10 Likes

I plan to watch Discovery this coming Chuseok holiday.

Since I have twelve days off it will give me plenty of time to don my fedora and write a scathing nerdreview should I dislike it.

If I love it I will need that time to stop crying for joy.

7 Likes
2 Likes