Did Somebody Say "Star Trek"?

So what exactly is that thing?

Why does a marshmallow dispenser need a spoon and fork?

10 Likes

It is an Official Kraft™ Star Trek V Marshmallow Dispenser, that holds 3 Kraft™ marshmallows. You slide a little lever thing and a little door thing (like a shuttle bay door) opens and a marshmallow pops out.

I thought the movie stunk, but when I saw this on a bag of marshmallows it looked so incredibly stupid I just had to buy one. It’s languishing in a box somewhere.

What, don’t you eat marshmallows with fork and spoon? :roll_eyes:

13 Likes

Is it really supposed to be used for something else, like how head shops used to sell “lamp parts” from which you could coincidentally also assemble a device for smoking the dank?

8 Likes

:crazy_face:

Uhm, better not. Unless you like burning polystyrene smoke too. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

So do the discovery writers think their new klingon antagonist is more charismatic than he is or what?

2 Likes

Sssshhh. Spoilers. :stuck_out_tongue:

I haven’t seen it yet but probably.

2 Likes

[citation needed]

3 Likes

Not even in New Trek do shuttlecraft come out of the warp nacelles. JEEZ!

6 Likes

Its not awful right off the bat, and the opening credits are actually pretty cool.

5 Likes

I have found the answer!!

Having never seen the entire movie, I had not known about this little detail. Sure I knew about Spock’s anti-gravity boots and singing Row-Row-Row Your Boat, but I never new about this handy marshmellon dispenser…

Well beam me up, Admiral Ackbar.

10 Likes

I plan to watch Discovery this coming Chuseok holiday.

Since I have twelve days off it will give me plenty of time to don my fedora and write a scathing nerdreview should I dislike it.

If I love it I will need that time to stop crying for joy.

7 Likes
2 Likes

That guy has some interesting videos. For example:

3 Likes

he also came up with the story. ( yikes! )

in his defense, there was an interview for the special wrath of khan screening i saw where he said the same – but, he was clearly making fun of himself – and the movie – in that moment.

i thought it was fascinating though that the reason he got to direct was because of a clause in his contract that said whatever privileges he and nimoy got had to be reciprocated.

in shatner’s telling, nimoy only agreed to come back for a third movie in order to direct. that meant shatner got the next option. he couldn’t direct 4 because of t.j. hooker, so he directed 5 instead.

7 Likes

to pay for cbs all access, or not to pay? that is the question.*

( * translated from the original klingon )

5 Likes

They’re WAY overcharging for it.

Netflix prices for one network? They’ll figure out it’s worth 2 bucks a month, soon enough.

5 Likes

Or not. Disney is gradually pulling all their Netflix content as the contracts expire, with the intention of starting their own streaming service. CBS is pretty obviously using Discovery to snag subscriptions.

What all of them don’t seem to be thinking about is that if people have to pay for multiple streaming services, they may as well pay for cable – and since a lot of them cut the cord to save money, it means they won’t do that.

The alternative is pay per view (feasible but will likely be overpriced).

I know people whose kids have only ever watched Netflix. They’ve learned that if The Mouse isn’t available, there’s other cool stuff to watch. Ditto for SF fans – they love Star Trek, but if all that’s available is other (decent) SF, they’ll watch that.

Perhaps the traditional networks will figure it out before it’s too late.

6 Likes

If history is any indication, they won’t.

CBS just tried to be Napster going legit - charging 10% of what people will pay in a month for entertainment, for 2% of the content out there that’s worth anything.

If they lowered it to 2 bucks they’d probably hit their revenue targets. At this price point they will not, by a mile.

4 Likes

Gad I can’t believe I posted this stupid thing twice . . .

3 Likes

Anything worth doing is worth doing twice. :wink:

5 Likes