Did Somebody Say "Star Trek"?

Nobody’s perfect.

However, if Kirk was one of ours and a wannabe, Montgomery Scott was one of ours as well, and neither particularly fond of Kirk (but then, who was?) nor a wannabe.

5 Likes

Maybe. Sisko does a better eyeroll, though!

ds9-sisko-eyeroll

11 Likes

I heard Neil deGrasse Tyson trying to interview Bill Shatner once.

Without a script to read, Shatner sounds a lot like Donald Trump, incoherent and self-absorbed.

He said his favorite ST movie was Star Trek 5.

12 Likes

Yeah, that’s about right:

4 Likes

Well, it was the one he directed so it’s not entirely surprising.

8 Likes

Now, let’s not start dissing Star Trek 5. It did give us this great marshmallow dispenser:

9 Likes

So what exactly is that thing?

Why does a marshmallow dispenser need a spoon and fork?

10 Likes

It is an Official Kraft™ Star Trek V Marshmallow Dispenser, that holds 3 Kraft™ marshmallows. You slide a little lever thing and a little door thing (like a shuttle bay door) opens and a marshmallow pops out.

I thought the movie stunk, but when I saw this on a bag of marshmallows it looked so incredibly stupid I just had to buy one. It’s languishing in a box somewhere.

What, don’t you eat marshmallows with fork and spoon? :roll_eyes:

13 Likes

Is it really supposed to be used for something else, like how head shops used to sell “lamp parts” from which you could coincidentally also assemble a device for smoking the dank?

8 Likes

:crazy_face:

Uhm, better not. Unless you like burning polystyrene smoke too. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

So do the discovery writers think their new klingon antagonist is more charismatic than he is or what?

2 Likes

Sssshhh. Spoilers. :stuck_out_tongue:

I haven’t seen it yet but probably.

2 Likes

[citation needed]

3 Likes

Not even in New Trek do shuttlecraft come out of the warp nacelles. JEEZ!

6 Likes

Its not awful right off the bat, and the opening credits are actually pretty cool.

5 Likes

I have found the answer!!

Having never seen the entire movie, I had not known about this little detail. Sure I knew about Spock’s anti-gravity boots and singing Row-Row-Row Your Boat, but I never new about this handy marshmellon dispenser…

Well beam me up, Admiral Ackbar.

10 Likes

I plan to watch Discovery this coming Chuseok holiday.

Since I have twelve days off it will give me plenty of time to don my fedora and write a scathing nerdreview should I dislike it.

If I love it I will need that time to stop crying for joy.

7 Likes
2 Likes

That guy has some interesting videos. For example:

3 Likes

he also came up with the story. ( yikes! )

in his defense, there was an interview for the special wrath of khan screening i saw where he said the same – but, he was clearly making fun of himself – and the movie – in that moment.

i thought it was fascinating though that the reason he got to direct was because of a clause in his contract that said whatever privileges he and nimoy got had to be reciprocated.

in shatner’s telling, nimoy only agreed to come back for a third movie in order to direct. that meant shatner got the next option. he couldn’t direct 4 because of t.j. hooker, so he directed 5 instead.

7 Likes