And now for some good news

Itā€™s true thoā€¦ no one would expect it, and Monty Python and Mighty Boosh already ruined it being old ladies with their Hellā€™s Grannyā€™s/Nana-Geddeon bits

6 Likes

Even when theyā€™re dressed in tie-dye fabric sneakers and a blue hoodie? I dress like a 12-year-old boy from 1970-whatsis most of the time.

4 Likes

This needs to be everywhereā€¦

6 Likes

This is personal good news, but itā€™s not of rockstar-magnitude.

A doctor of history saw that I was selling my dadā€™s USAAF silk map of areas of China on FB Marketplace, and he purchased it to use as a teaching aid in one of his classes!

Heā€™s also purchasing a Parade magazine from 1945 w/Gen. Chennault on the cover (look him up, lol), and a Yank magazine (like Stars & Stripes) from 1943 w/a cover & article on the Lolos, a tribe on the Burma-China border.

Iā€™ve enlisted my brother to set to type a story our dad told him about Dad and two Japanese prisoners in a chow line, in order to send it to said historian.

So indirectly, my dadā€™s part in WWII, in a small way, will be shared with others outside the family. To me, this is keeping him alive, just as selling my motherā€™s crochet & knitting supplies keeps her alive.

I just wish I didnā€™t have to sell, it seemsā€¦grubby.

Hereā€™s pics of the mags:
IMG_20220715_134501
IMG_20220715_135039
IMG_20220715_134507
IMG_20220715_134730

7 Likes
3 Likes
4 Likes

But

Dillonā€™s father, said his son has often rode on his lap while he drives

That sounds safe.

3 Likes

I know. Whatā€™cha gonna do, though?

1 Like
5 Likes
7 Likes
9 Likes

This is amazing, as well as the fact itā€™s being decrimā€™ed in other countries that are heavily Catholic in S. America.

5 Likes

Sometimes, justice happens, even with rich white men.

6 Likes

Oh, I do hope he gets to meet some of his fans in prison!

I went around with a guy who looked like his character from the show (which I didnā€™t watch and found so implausible). I mean, down to the glasses! And the hairline. This wouldā€™ve been from 1978 to 1982, when I went to h.s.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Alas hereā€™s the bad news associated with it:

I know a guy who was fired by a govt contractor at the behest of the contracting agency because he was honest on a so-called ā€œPublic Trustā€ form, and said heā€™d used marijuana. This was medical marijuana prescribed by a doctor, for pain due to a degenerative disease (which is legal in our state). He canā€™t take ibuprofen etc. due to another health problem. The marijuana didnā€™t work, so he stopped using it. He used it a total of two times.

Appeals went all the way up, but were turned down. Maybe this bill (if it passes) will give him another chance.

7 Likes

I have been told, by a teacher, that if they tested teachers for cannabis, there would be almost no teachers left. That was in California, fwiw.

6 Likes

Unfortunately it took this guy several years.

5 Likes
4 Likes