Announcement: Moderators and Admins

We’re just getting started, and we have a great deal of work to do.

Up to now, I’ve been running this entirely on my own. I’ve received plenty of feedback, advice, and encouragement, but I’ve been the only user with any sort of administrative privileges.

It’s been fine, mostly, but I can’t be everywhere at once, and I also don’t want to create any sense of unilateral, top-down, authority.

To that end, I’d like to add a few more staff members.

##Moderators

This will let you work on the draft of the moderation protocols, and give me someone I can defer to on flags.

##Admins

This is the unofficial IT Committee who have kick started many of the ideas that this community is going to be about.

• Please let me know if I’ve left anyone out.
    • Please let me know if you would rather be left out.
  • I’m intending for these positions to be temporary, at least until we solidify things enough so that we can have elections and either bring new members in, or reaffirm the existing ones.
    • Please be kind to them (and me). If you have any concerns that you don’t want to address in public, feel free to PM me.
25 Likes

Honored. Thanks.

10 Likes

Thanks for the update.

And 100,000 thanks for actually getting this off the ground. After the ‘events’, I wanted to do something about it as well, but you actually did.

14 Likes

Reporting for duty. Sort of. Still vacationing but I’m checking in on my phone. I’ll mod as best as possible. Meantime, stay safe out there.

16 Likes

waetherman said it all. What more is there to say?

7 Likes

I, for one, welcome our new moderator overlords.

13 Likes

I think all of this is wonderful, and I appreciate all the hard work that a bunch of folks have done.

Thank You to all the Admins and the Mods! :clap: :beers: I hope this community is successful, but not too awful much work for y’all.

9 Likes

Thank you, I’ll catch up on this over the next week. I’ve been a bit out of spoons this past week or so, but I’m feeling better now.

7 Likes