Anti-vax parents sue to keep unvaccinated kids in school during outbreak

In the lawsuit, 24 parents of 44 unvaccinated children that attend the school alleged that the order violated their religious objections. They also argue that the order was unnecessary because the school has not had any cases of measles and that the outbreak has largely stayed within the county’s orthodox Jewish community and affiliated schools. The Green Meadow school has no religious affiliation but sits within the area most affected by the outbreak.

Presumably their privilege will protect them. I mean, it’s worked so far…

9 Likes

It is against my religion to protect my children from fires. (All hail Prometheus!) We should remove all alarms. Besides, there hasn’t been a fire yet, so no big deal.

17 Likes

The religious exemption has to go.

9 Likes

I think the number of vaccination posts on Ars has led to some reader fatigue.

The comments for this one have already degraded into cheesy puns.

6 Likes

then they should send their kids to private schools. If they want their pro-disease offspring running around, they pay for it themselves.

6 Likes

It does appear to be a private school.

However, I don’t see how those 44 unvaccinated children going to a private school would be any less of a public health issue, especially given the current outbreak.

10 Likes

As we Prometheans say, “give a man a fire and he’ll be warm for an evening. Set a man on fire and he’ll be warm the rest of his life”.

10 Likes

Nah, they should have to homeschool them.

Which will be very short.

5 Likes

They should remove them from the abusive parents and foster them with someone who will vaccinate them.

6 Likes

So let’s see…

They’re sending their kids to private school to have things their way, despite the reality of the economic situation.

They’re not vaccinating their kids to have things their way, despite the reality of how disease works.

And now they’re suing the school to get around how those two things don’t mix… and to get their own way, despite the reality of how herd immunity and school regulations work.

That’s a lot of being out of touch with reality.

11 Likes

Reality is for poors

4 Likes

Ah, I thought it was a public school.

1 Like