Anyone seen or heard from @Wanderfound?

Hope he’s ok. Will try to call him if no-one’s had contact with him by Friday.

6 Likes

I hope so also! He tweeted as recently as June 25th, and a few retweets since then. Hopefully it’s internet problems, and not y’know, big problems.

5 Likes

Yes, given what a frequent poster he is, that’s why I’m a little concerned. I tried to search for him on twitter but couldn’t find him. I thought his screen name is the same as here but evidently not.

4 Likes

He’s @lostwanderfound on twitter

3 Likes

Thanks lovely!

2 Likes

Update: made contact with him on Twitter. He’s fine but probably won’t be back here :frowning: On the upside, his new shed is finished and looks great!

7 Likes

Aww.

3 Likes

I have to ask, is there something we should be doing differently (reason why he won’t come back)?

I thought we all really appreciated him here, and that he was happy hanging out here.

Of course, anyone’s free to leave at any time for any or no reason. But when somebody who was such a constant and integral part of things does, it’s natural to wonder if we did something to drive them away.

8 Likes

probably my fault

1 Like

And @AndyHilmer

No, nothing to change or do differently. No-one to blame. To paraphrase him: futilely railing at America constantly wasn’t good for my mental health. He did specifically say he didn’t think he’d be back, but maybe it’ll turn out to be just a break, perhaps even an extended break.

Yes, being such a constant poster and integral part of this place was why I was a bit worried when I hadn’t seen anything from him for a few days.

11 Likes

He used to do that at TOP too. I don’t blame him, really; I sort of feel the same way. Some of the solutions he suggests sound unworkable, though. But I’ve had to stop reading a number of the more depressing threads around here, just to keep my sanity.

8 Likes

That’s totally understandable. I tune out some threads for the same reason.

4 Likes

Guilty.

3 Likes

I understand. I have considered getting off Facebook entirely and constantly remind myself when I am on reddit or elsewhere online that I do not need to give advice to everyone just because they ask. It a feels like a big distraction from productive work.

3 Likes

Do it, you’ll be much happier! We have a huge family private group on Facebook and that’s the only interaction I have with it anymore! And when my sentence term as group admin there is up I may ditch it entirely.

I dumped Twitter almost a year ago. Nothing of value was lost and I am much less aggravated.

I do still use Reddit a lot but I feel that the quality is much higher than many of the other social media interactive sites. That said, when I run across a group with a bad mod or lacking in moderation, I bail out immediately.

I am on several other sites, but mainly so I can monitor my kids’ activities there, I seldom participate.

I feel for @Wanderfound’s concerns; living in France, I really find myself disengaging from American issues. Nothing I can do about it as your democracy fades away.

7 Likes

same, honestly. or maybe i should say: not to keep my sanity, but just to turn the intensity down on the outrage stream. it comes through my screen through so many sources all day long, and sometimes i just need to check out and focus on happier stuff. it’s not like i’m any less aware or angry, i just don’t feel it’s helping for me to add to it.

9 Likes