Ask me anything. I have died twice in 2017

It is hard to describe. You kinda get a halo or odd feeling. And you stop. No ifs. You stop.

When things go sideways, it fine to call for help. You get a great story, and 911 is amazing.

15 Likes

Did anyone kiss you while you were out?

4 Likes

Do you feel differently now? Do you have a hard time, like, going to work because life is short?

4 Likes

Did you come back to start the Rapture? If so, I know a few asshole “Christians” that need to go.

9 Likes

Shit. What’s your situation now, and what is it likely to be in the future, if I may ask? I hate seeing a musician relegated to just listening. If I can help in some way, let me know.

10 Likes

So, you only eat vegans?

6 Likes

I do feel profoundly different. I didn’t come back as the same person. Sure, still the same terrible sense of humor, and I’ve had checkups with neurologists, but I am not the same person.

12 Likes

I thought we agreed you wouldn’t tell anyone that.

7 Likes

it’s between you, me, and Circe, sir Mountain.

6 Likes

My hands tremble too much. The days of precision are over, but let’s look at it positively–ive still got hands :slight_smile:

11 Likes

hands are wicked handy, I’d keep two on hand if you possibly can.

7 Likes

What else would I high five with? No, that isn’t a dare. :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

Heh, if anyone did it was a dude. So given my mug, magic eightball says Highly Unlikely.

5 Likes

10 Likes

Hmm… Bear the EWI in mind should you come to feel more confident about using your hands - capacitance plate keys, so a firm key press isn’t necessary. Others don’t like this, but I find it makes the instrument quite agile, and the available sounds aren’t bad. (I like pianos “Horowitz-ed”, i.e., a very light touch, as well.)

If you want to keep your hand in until such time, composing is always a possibility. You don’t need really anything but a working brain, and you don’t have to be good to enjoy it (although, for all I know, you already are), just willing to try things out and learn. Here I can help you.

5 Likes

Composition has crossed my mind more than once. It certainly helps to sketch things out on a piano, but as you correctly observe it ain’t a requirement. Heh, Harmony, a transcription of all of Charlie Parker’s works, the well tempered clavier, and more Dover books than I can count gathering dust on the piano :smiley:

This was my first composition. It was very popular in it’s time.

7 Likes

“Waking up from nothing with a profound sense of loss at having to come back to something”, “waking up from something with a sense of loss at losing out on that” or “something else entirely”?

I’ve never been medically dead but I’ve been unconscious several times and always felt the former when I have come back to consciousness; like everything getting switched back on is a tremendous imposition. Is being dead different to being unconscious somehow?

8 Likes

That is one of the great secrets, which I guess I’ll reveal.

After going through the normal series of tests (what is your name, where are you, what is the date, can you draw this shape, etc… I scored about a C- both times), the first thing one mutters is: damnit.

The other side, well there is nothing to fear. No judgement, no hate, nothing. And both times it has been a bummer to come back.

I do not wish to hasten the demise of this meat suit. But there is nothing to fear when it happens again.

As an aside, being immortal would be the definition of hell.

17 Likes

Hehehe! Go for it!

I’ve had some things going on, although between helping my translation partner with her MA (I just check the English and French in her papers - the degree programme isn’t in translation), and my own medical appointments (looking good, but still a bit early to use the “remission” word), maybe not as much as I could. I’ve got some samples here.

Edit: You young buck, you! That’s too modern to be my juvenilia. :wink:

6 Likes

Must I demand answers from you? Can I just say I’m glad to have you among the living? Because I am.

18 Likes