Ask me anything. I have died twice in 2017

So are you more like Buffy or Beric Dondarrion? I guess Buffy only died twice, and Ser Beric, like 6 times? Plus,he had a cool sword…

Beric-Dondarrion-lighting-his-sword

Glad you rose from the grave though… please take care of yourself and get this sorted out so you don’t die any more.

21 Likes

Where’s the questions thread?

That’s your quota. Step back and let someone else have a turn.

Welcome back.

17 Likes

Nah, you’ve already told me to skip the questions, “Captain Hotpants”.

Welcome back x2, glad you’re still kicking.

11 Likes

When are you coming back up to SF?

(I’m glad you’re still alive.)

10 Likes

Thank you. An ironic point is I look good. A counterpoint is my doc keeps telling me to stop losing weight so fast. “Slow down there, tiger” :smiley:

8 Likes

I don’t know. I’ve got a heaping plate of challenges–which we all do, this ain’t just about me, I am not unique. But if I make the move back north, I’ll be driving through your neck of the woods :slight_smile:

6 Likes

To be fair, Captain Hot pants was never really a question.

4 Likes

Well, there ain’t no point in coming back from the dead if’n yer goin’ ta disappear instead.

“Where did @japh go?”

“Dunno. He turned sideways and I lost him.”

6 Likes

For a touch of morbidity, going through what I had the pleasure of experiencing has a one in five chance of being final. I have two under my belt.

It’s all lottery tickets and jet skis from here on out.

10 Likes

I think I am more dondarrion than Buffy. Let me explain.

Buffy is stabby. I am not.
Beric is mostly blind. So am I.
Buffy can dance. I can shuffle.
Beric is great with fire. I have some… Experience.
Buffy is level headed. I am obtuse.
Beric has a Red Priest. I have a Rad Priest.

If BuzzFeed have a test, I would trend towards beric.

12 Likes

I know this is a serious subject and my sense of humour is sometimes inappropriate (I am after all a fairly happy mutant). But I will tell you about somebody I knew who had a rather serious motorcycle crash and was technically dead several times while being operated on. When he was about as recovered as he was going to be he was asked if he felt that he was now a different person.
“Oh yes,” he said, “I’m now the person who would religiously shim the engine mounts on a Commando.”

(for the uninitiated the Norton Commando (spits in its general direction) had the rear suspension pivoted off the engine, as I recall, which was rubber mounted to the frame. The slightest sideplay in those mounts and the thing could throw you off viciously. Others may have a better explanation.)

7 Likes

Have you had a long history of problem or was it sudden? I get nervous with matters of the brain because my daughter.

5 Likes

Your sense of humor is very in step :slight_smile:

I now call my parents, send cards, grouse more but complain less. I am a tool, an object, and there is nothing wrong with that.

My purpose, as a tool, is to enrich others. That’s it. I’ve lived, it’s time for others to live.

12 Likes

Hereditary. If I make it three more years I break a record on my paternal side :smiley:

When I dropped the first time it was within weeks of the same age my brother passed. The huge difference is he was in a ghetto, and I’m two miles away from Stanford hospital.

12 Likes

Also kenny and Daniel Jackson.

4 Likes

You bastards! :wink:

8 Likes

Fine. As a reasonable person, I will write a tune. You will hate it.

5 Likes

Won’t you need to tunafish, first?

hey, if you’re gonna leave those lying around, someone’s gotta pick 'em up.

8 Likes

Jebus, it is so bad. It would make Stravinsky walk out of Stravinsky.

If you want to hear drek, I’ll share. I always do. This isn’t the good stuff.

5 Likes

Gosh darn it, I have to get back on the piano. Sob. bless my shaky hands.

7 Likes