Bad Medicine

I wonder. There is an FDA Office of Women’s Health, but I don’t know what input or how much impact they’ve had in this debacle.

3 Likes

The article is good. The comments… shudder I know the normal rule is “don’t read the comments”, but if you want insight into how people can cling to irrational beliefs, look no further. It’s as much a cult as anything you can imagine.

https://undark.org/article/food-grade-hydrogen-peroxide-cancer/

6 Likes

I didn’t know concentrated hydrogen peroxide could cause bubbles in the bloodstream (air embolism, or I guess oxygen embolism in this case), but then I never really thought about it. It makes sense. But an air embolism can be as disastrous as a stroke, blocking blood vessels to the brain or elsewhere. Geez.

8 Likes

“food grade hydrogen peroxide”

WTF???

10 Likes

All those adolescent snarky remarks about “drinking bleach” make more sense now.

9 Likes

That’s marketed as “miracle mineral solution.”

3 Likes

The sodium hypochlorite kind is also a thing, shorn of the metal (chlorine dioxide) :

9 Likes

That’s kid’s stuff. The real men drink HCl.
Amazing that people will do this. How about Drano? Is that still on the market?

8 Likes

Snake handling is probably getting expensive. The poison aspect has to be part of the fetish.

7 Likes

It’s perfectly safe… at a couple of drops per gallon of water.

The dose really does make the poison.

7 Likes

So… quite an improvement on snakes!

6 Likes

Pfft. Amateurs. If you’re hard core you drink pure hydrofluoric acid.

6 Likes

Pfft. Real men drink Dioxygen difluoride (aka FOOF).

4 Likes

I think it would cause reflux.

That column is hilarious, BTW!

3 Likes

Giving new meaning to toxic masculinity.

5 Likes

Putting this here because the way we treat fat people in our society (especially those who exist in more public spheres) is literally deadly.

10 Likes

Mama Cass had some pipes on her. A seriously underrated artist, whose career and life were cut tragically too short.

8 Likes