Badass Dragoons of the Highlands - Turn 1 - Avignon (c.1310)

well, at least there’s plenty of this!

Also, the future Avignon may have some fabulous scavenging opportunities…

3 Likes

TURN 1 ANALYSIS:

All travel choices increase a single character trait by one.
This table shows which trait is increase by which travel and, where relevant, the faction choices

STRength          1   English  Scottish
REFlex            3   English, French, Genoese
REFlex            5   Han, Ming
PERception        4,7   (none)
ENDdurance        2     (none)
ENDurance         6   Ottoman, Serbian, Bosnian  

Choice 1 would seem to be obvious for our strapping Lads and Lassies! What self-respecting Scot could resist the chance to fight alongside Robert the Bruce at the most important moment in Scottish history!

Yours in Truth,

Mr. Collins

Mr Collins FULL

3 Likes

Wait a second… are you pointing out sheep just because I’m Scottish?

3 Likes
  Mystical runes appear: 426389c1de55af6e72d43279f80ef4cbbe0e883e

Time remaining     : 2d 4h 4m
    Submission deadline: 2017-09-29 23:59:59 -0400

@cleveremi @manwich @teknocholer @hadley @justa_little_whinger @chickied @dreamboatskanky @pogo @tobinl @donald_petersen

3 Likes
  Mystical runes appear: 0ef0c0faf1a5622ed4bcfba8115554f5ce8ba6a9

Time remaining     : 2d 4h 3m
    Submission deadline: 2017-09-29 23:59:59 -0400

@penguinchris

“I have heard that The Kurgan has been sighted recently. You may wish to make arrangements.”

4 Likes

(Taking the opportunity for an earlier than usual nag post, as some of our newer players have been missing since registration)

2 Likes

So now we know who will not take a “reckless” stance in the first round. Keep those hints coming.

[cackles maniacally]

3 Likes

Budweiser!!?? Boy, hasten and fetch the ale-conner!

6 Likes

while Ale Conners did evaluate the ouput of alewifes,

these should not be confused with alewifes

An odd language, this English. Makes me miss the clarity and precision of Classical Greek. Don’t you agree, @ghoti ? (pronounced “fish”)

4 Likes

5 Likes

Eh… not having any idea what is going on, well that can take many forms, don’t it?

4 Likes

Assuming that neither @Donald_Petersen nor Jason Wei…, er, @Justa_Little_Whinger won’t be “reckless” seems a little,… reckless?

5 Likes

Do not poke the bear.

4 Likes

but do bear the poké

8 Likes

“Go to the Crimea” they said.

“It’s lovely this time of year” they said.

“And there won’t be piles of dead bodies” they said, “It’ll make a nice change.”

12 Likes

I’m well acquainted with all of them.

5 Likes

Can we pare the bouquet?

5 Likes

Crimea River.

14 Likes

Bravo!

3 Likes

With 27 immortals about, only 11 haven’t chosen a destination. Yet, almost no one is discussing their upcoming travel. Odd…

But first, let me introduce myself.

Hello. I am “Mr. Collins.” I’m generally quiet and unobtrusive, but I somehow managed to appear in a 1940 Laurence Olivier vehicle.

My heart is always with my books, my vellum, and, since I first set eyes on Alexandria during the time of the Ptomely’s, my beloved papyrus scrolls. While other Immortals have passed the centuries whacking and thwacking each other, my goal has always been to read, quietly.

Given the current constrained state of Europe’s “libraries” and the horrible destruction the Mongols recently wrought on the Abbassid House of Wisdom, there is only place for me to go:

China. I do want to meet this Zhu Yuanzhang fellow.

Where are you headed, and why?

Yours in Truth,

Mr. Collins

Mr Collins FULL

7 Likes