But really isn't it ALWAYS Halloween, Halloween, Halloween! 👻

I hope you all had a scary one! My daughter and I made cookies and finished The Haunting of Bly Manor. It was pretty good. Seemed really similar to The Others. Good female roles, especially for POC.

4 Likes

We got dressed up and took pictures around the house.

Then we went over to see the one friend who’s house we’ve still been seeing inside and in person. Ate some dinner and watched Nightmare Before Christmas and The Halloween Tree.

All the pre packed candy parcels that my friend had left out on her steps did get taken.

I’ve got better pictures on my actual camera but I still need to transfer them to my computer.

We took a few with our phones to send around or post faster.

Later today we’re doing an online Samhain ritual and funeral for 2020. My partner is actually in the middle of putting together a jam board for it.

13 Likes

My friend, my son and I (the former socially distanced) watched “Sleepy Hollow” last night.

A scene less than seven minutes toward the end had the kid and me saying “Too soon, man”

I did read The Saturday Night Ghost Club novel by Craig (CanCon) Davidson, and Masterpieces of Terror and the Supernatural short stories “The Night Wire” (H.M. Arnold), “The Easter Egg” by Saki, and “The House in Goblin Wood” by John Dickson Carr.

4 Likes

I just found an instruction booklet on how to crochet collars and cuffs from the October 1968 issue of Woman’s Day. “Lacy Collars and Cuffs to Crochet” - RBG, then you, were the first folks I thought of.

WIN_20201101_20_35_34_Pro

7 Likes

Couple more Halloween pictures with my Gloomy Bear.

12 Likes

Very creepicute!

5 Likes

Sorry, I had to share.

4 Likes

I didn’t get this reference.

2 Likes

Have you not traveled in circles that have exposed you to Cardio B.'s WAP or is it the Monster Mash portion you are unfamiliar with.

4 Likes

I had to use the Google to find out what WAP is. Aparently it means something other than Wireless Application Protocol. After that it made a little more sense.

10 Likes

That would definitely put a slightly different light on that song. Probably would be a lot more family-friendly, unless it was written by a disgruntled engineer…

4 Likes

oh my. i bet that was a fun experience, haha

6 Likes

I knew there had to be one…

There’s no cords in this house.

4 Likes

Seasons greetings.

3 Likes

Once they showed the drain at 0:22 I shut it off. Why I even turned it on is beyond me.

I think intellectually I want to know a non-frightening plot summary of every horror film. Emotionally I can’t stand the least bit of scariness.

Well, The Ghost And Mr. Chicken was OK.

3 Likes

What about “Munsters Go Home”?

3 Likes

That had some Eraserhead vibes. Like the style.

3 Likes

“You think this is a fuckin’ costume? This is a way of life.”

1 Like

I never saw that one. I always thought The Munsters was a cheap knock-off of The Addams Family (itself a sanitized, overly-sweetened version of Chas. Addams’ cartoons) – not to mention plagiarizing Frankenstein and other 1930’s Universal horror movies (though if The Munsters was done by Universal, then I guess it’s OK :roll_eyes:). /critic

5 Likes

It was done by Universal. And it’s not really a knock-off; remember, the early 1960s is when things got kinda weird all over the country, and they wanted to make some $$$ off of it, so everyone was exploiting, or trying to, the "oddball’ bag, but in different styles.

I also don’t agree with your description of the AF TV series. Overly-sweetened? Um, suggesting folks rest in an iron maiden is overly sweetened? Children having their own access to explosives? Nooses for bellpulls? Of course, it had to be cleaned up a bit for TV, but compared to Peyton Place, not as much.

A good read.
The Cultural History of 'The Addams Family' | Arts & Culture | Smithsonian Magazine’%E2%80%9D%20says%20Davis.

These interviews are GREAT.
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=john+astin+addams+family+foundation+interviews

2 Likes