Canada: Election Polls Closed, VOTED? (Electoral mayhem edition)

Many years ago, when we were fresh-faced Pennyfarthing riders, a John A. Turner of the Rhinoceros Party ran in then PM John N. Turner’s riding. We fell down laffing watching the returns, hearing voters upset they voted for the wrong Turner.

6 Likes

Because they get as far as JUSTIN TRUDEAU SUCKS and then just sort of stop.

Sadly, what they don’t stop doing is going to voting booths.

Even more sadly it never occurrs to them that the Con’s steady stream of name-calling and lies means ANDREW SCHEER SUCKS EVEN HARDER.

4 Likes

Bernier is the only leader (of the major five¹) to lose his own riding. I am okay with that.

¹Does not actually include Bernier or the PPC for what are now obvious reasons.

4 Likes

The Independent is Jody Wilson-Raybould!!! She did it!

2 Likes

If we didn’t have FPTP, the Conservatives, as they exist today, wouldn’t be able to form government at all. They’d have more seats than the Liberals, true, but who would be willing to work with them? The Greens and the NDP are both left of the Liberals, and the Bloc, with the regional advantage FPTP gives them shattered, wouldn’t be enough to make it to 50% (and they’re fairly left-wing, too).

The Conservatives wouldn’t even be given the first chance to form government - that honour goes to the sitting Prime Minister.

It certainly wouldn’t be as stable a Liberal minority as the one we’re going into (no one, except maybe Scheer, wants another go-around on this one), but that would still have been the end result.

2 Likes

Both Jagmeet Singh and Elizabeth May stated during the campaign they would be willing to work with a Conservative minority.

1 Like

May, yes (but it’d be contingent on Scheer adopting climate change policy that would infuriate the people who elected him, so take that for what it’s worth). Singh, not so much.

2 Likes

Then that’s a flip, because he’s said he’d support the Cons in the past – as recently as this election.

And that, in a nutshell, is why I don’t trust Singh.

3 Likes
5 Likes

Completely off topic

Summary

But the thread title has me convinced there needs to be a Muppet Cover band of ** Prophets of Rage.** called Electoral Mayhem

https://i.imgur.com/CESRNfI.jpg

3 Likes