Category Creation!

Also, I’ve run out of colors from the palette that was provided earlier. :smile_cat:

2 Likes

Well, that too. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Basic emotions are: anger, sadness, happiness, surprise, disgust. Not sure if that helps. We have joy and anger. Think disgust could fit with anger.

4 Likes

I was tempted.

8 Likes

Heres another one for the emotional melting pot.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2123018-the-feeling-you-get-when-nails-scratch-a-blackboard-has-a-name

1 Like

Interesting. My wardrobe is rather limited due to what the one researcher mentioned about foam rubber: I actually cannot stand to touch many common fabrics or weaves. The analogy I use to explain it to people who don’t understand is that it is like fingers down a blackboard, except on your skin.

I have yet to find the deliberately not reacting technique to work, however.

2 Likes

There’s always April 1st…

1 Like

Man.
Woman.
Birth.
Death.
Infinity.
Lounge.

5 Likes

Although we currently have a ‘Joy’ category that has absorbed some of the old ‘Games’ themes (most notably the Questions? thread), I’d like to propose that we add a proper ‘Games’ category.

This is a completely selfish request, as I’d like to fire up another chapter of the Badass-style games in September. I no longer trust that the BB space would be a place where we can enjoy those shenanigans without untoward interference from TPTB. Plus, what’s a BBS without games?!

Let’s discuss any contrary viewpoints. And if there aren’t any, let’s add a ‘Games’ category.

5 Likes

I tended to skip over those threads over there, because I couldn’t figure out what was going on, and didn’t want to derail.

When you start up, will there be some kind of intro, or on-ramp for those of us who haz a confuze? O_o

4 Likes

You bet! A thread for detailing the game, how it works, what is expected from the players, et al. Mostly it’s a big exercise in improv storytelling, but actual game mechanics lurk beneath the surface. For better or for worse, they make much more sense when experienced as they’re happening. For the ones I didn’t play in, I also find it nigh impossible to understand what’s going on after the fact - so you’re not alone there.

2 Likes

“Games” was suggested early on but not implemented , but most actual game stuff has merged under “Culture”. It might be easier to use tags, than create a whole new category. (Stuff like “Questions” may be under “Joy”, but those are more like silly diversions).

3 Likes

Serves me right for skimming the topic. I am categorically opposed to category bloat, so I’ll tuck it under Culture and add tags - I like that idea much better.

2 Likes

If nothing else, we can have fun wear 20s style hats while typing

2 Likes

I played all the Badass games, and they typically started with a fairly clear-cut intro and setup. The “Neverending” game that started up last year looked intriguing, but I found it utterly impenetrable. It was a real meta-game, that involved a whole lot of making things up as it went along (by design). But the Badass-labeled games were mostly pure adventure RPGs, some set in outer space, one set in a postapocalyptic Los Angeles, and they typically involved vehicles, stats, missions, loot, upgrades, hit points, poop jokes, pixel art, and a healthy dose of not taking any of it seriously.

I still find those threads remarkably re-readable.

3 Likes