Christmas again

2 Likes

Last night my Newfoundland friend told me about Tibb’s Eve.
The music band Great Big Sea has a Mummers song. My friend shared
Sean Panting’s “Mummers, nice mummers, get lost” video

2 Likes
3 Likes

I’ve noticed this year that there is a growing number of people putting forth the postulation that “Jingle All The Way” is an under-rated holiday classic. This needs to stop, and stop now.

5 Likes

I found this in a box of Christmas-wrapping-paper remnants. It’s gotta be from the 1950s.

Okay, anyone else think one of the girlies is holding an extra-long riding crop and not a fishing pole, LOL?

8 Likes

And I’m going to read this later on today:

7 Likes
2 Likes

Got an email from a former student this morning haranguing me for changing her grade on the final exam to a zero after she plagiarized the essay part of the test form Khan Academy.

She said Merry Christmas, tho.

11 Likes

Prezzies from me brudder. The coffee beans are maple walnut and hazelnut flavored, respectively.

5 Likes

Did she admit to that or explain why?

6 Likes

In case anyone was wondering, aglianico does go well with sugar cookies.

2 Likes

Little of column A, little of column B. Her answer was identical to several other students, so I thought they had all copied. She corrected me and said she “used” internet sources and provided the link. I looked at it, and it wasn’t “used”, it was plagiarized.

8 Likes

A little Ctrl+c, a little Ctrl+v. A dash of Ctrl+h and you got yourself an essay.

Kids these days have it so easy. We had to copy it word for word out of the encyclopedia and use an analog thesaurus.

7 Likes

I guess she wasn’t expecting to be marked by Kirk.

9 Likes

Hope everyone’s holiday season is happy and healthy!

4 Likes

7 Likes

Merry Christmas.

We sent out cookies to everyone, with a few people getting homemade vanilla. Meantime, daughter and I had nothing up or gifts, but we invited a friend over for gingerbread houses and Christmas Vacation viewing. We will do some more cooking tomorrow.

I have funds arriving soon and am considering. Vacation but ding really want to travel somewhere else just to do what we are doing here - holing up inside and cooking. I’m trying to think of a way to get some place warm. I’d really love to get to New Orleans but think it will be too dangerous right now.

8 Likes

I mean… don’t cheat, right? :woman_shrugging:

9 Likes

If you’re still in the mood.

Which I kind of am.

2 Likes

Anyone else have a “Meh-ry Christmeh”?

5 Likes