Comey Out, What Now?

Saturday Night Massacre, or Abandon All Hope?

I give 2 months and US will either be full-on dictatorship or this entire crew will be awaiting trial.

11 Likes

I sure don’t see anything deescalating while he is in office.

7 Likes

This is level Fiery Jungle Red, correct?

5 Likes

In trying to make everyone happy, Comey pissed everyone off, and tarnished the principles of the already sullied FBI. This is something both sides wanted, for their own reasons.

But what now? Install another sycophant, ignore calls for independent prosecutor, business as usual.

5 Likes

Could this administration be any more of a shit show?

12 Likes

Sure could! Want me to give you some examples? (I don’t really want to, though.)

6 Likes

On the other site, someone mentioned this asshole as a replacement:

That would be an even bigger shit show, and it scares the fuck out of me. I’ve long believed that there is a point past which violent revolution is necessary, if not inevitable. We are fast approaching that point, I fear.

10 Likes

I keep thinking that’s Morgan Freeman!

5 Likes

That must be messing with your mind, because Morgan Freeman is a decent human being!

11 Likes

I knoowwwwww…

As an aside, and I…well, it’s hard for me to type this…I never thought I’d say or think it…
I’m glad my mom died before all this happened. As hard as it was, and remains, to lose her, I’m glad she’s not around to see this.

7 Likes

It’s a complicated sentiment, but I understand. If she would have hated to see it happen, then it’s a cold comfort that she isn’t.

I’m sorry for your loss.

8 Likes

Thank you. Another reason: We didn’t have to pay a single medical bill, and she was being treated for cancer and kidney stones. I’m sure it ran into to a high five-figure sum.

6 Likes

The Dems may not have liked Comey, but the last thing they wanted was for Trump to appoint his own director, knowing that that person is guaranteed to be batshit.

This is being called Nixonian—and it is—but the reality is that Nixon’s corruption would be considered mild by today’s standards. I got a spam from Netflix with the subject line “From President Frank Underwood,” and for a second it actually put me at ease.

11 Likes

is it just me, or does this seem to be a typical trumpian distraction event?

could it be that sally yates, and the current russia hearings were getting too much media play?

ive no doubts they want their own person in comey’s place. it’s more simply, why now?

2 Likes

Hanford, WA?

1 Like

And this man has seen plenty of political gaslighting

3 Likes

I think the movie “Gaslight” has been on TCM three times in the past three months or so…

8 Likes

Just remember that Comey was never a friend of democrats, especially progressives. He “grew up” under Bush and executed the anti-journalist, pro- FISA policies of the Obama administration. His removal is 8.3 years too late.

3 Likes

What we can’t defend through peace today, we won’t be able to recover through violence later.

12 Likes

His level of treachery failed to keep pace with the times. He was a Gordon Gekko in a Patrick Bateman world.

14 Likes