Culture-Class Wars

Ah, if only we could have a general strike…

3 Likes

Doordash, Grubhub, Postmates, and Uber Eats are all out tonight. Not just here, lots of other places too. Not sure if that’s due to the holiday, the Pride festivities, or a protest. But it appears all four went unavailable at right about the same time (dinnertime), so I’m thinking maybe there’s something going on that just hasn’t been reported yet.

The only news I’ve seen so far is that there was a protest today in France.

If it is a widespread strike, it’s interesting to see it happen in such a coordinated way, with no union or anything.

8 Likes
4 Likes
3 Likes

Seems a bit flippant to describe a reservoir as “a place for ducks to hang out” but whatever.

2 Likes
6 Likes

I remember when I had money to save.

3 Likes

Gee, if only there were a bunch of rich people and corporations who could draw trillions of dollars from offshore accounts and invest it in our country. But I guess it would require patriotism and compassion and some thought for the future.

7 Likes

This makes me think of Jane Fonda, et al, getting arrested for protesting and encouraging people to protest without fear of not being able to get bailed out.

4 Likes

Flashing towards the end, in the eyeball zone.

1 Like

Yeah, they can get annoying:

And DAYUM, didn’t they evolve rather strangely? Those look like…deer hindquarters with chipmunk torsos, front legs and heads. Nothing like they look now.

2 Likes

I coulda put this in the LitoC-19 thread, but this works too:

2 Likes

8 Likes

Talk about a self own!

4 Likes
6 Likes
7 Likes
3 Likes

Following up on Wanderfound:

6 Likes

“This home suffered a fire that damaged the front facade. House is in need of a complete renovation or potential tear-down and rebuild,” the listing says.

However, before you buy a home that requires renovation or reconstruction, consider this: Many contractors say they’re booked for the next year or more and are still facing inflated prices for materials.

3 Likes

@Nightflyer, an old neighbor of ours was buried in Woodmere Cemetery. It’s an interesting 'hood, as is every neighborhood is in Detroit, IMNSHO:

3 Likes