Cyberpunk Dystopia Review

1 Like
2 Likes

AI is still just a statistical analysis tool. Kill the rich.

2 Likes

The Lovecraftian horror of when Trump an his entire family fall to the floor as melting flesh and splashing blood after his Contract runs out… you hate to see it.

3 Likes

6 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes
5 Likes
2 Likes

Facebook is right to only do geoblocking, seems to me. How can Austria decide something that’s international in scope? Take it to the World Court (if indeed that body has jurisdiction).

4 Likes

Yet another pain call from “Senior Benefits.” Been getting these for weeks. Caller id shows “Cell Phone.” There’s also a history of these scammers spoofing other people’s numbers.

3 Likes

4 Likes

Gad.

1 Like
3 Likes

I recently re-read the Sprawl Trilogy and have been reflecting on how silly the hacking aspect of it really is. The Matrix seems to exist solely as a target for theft, and despite the fact that cyberdecks are corporate products, the idea of someone owning a cyberdeck pretty much automatically means they’re a criminal. And nobody seems to have been working on a way to protect their nervous systems from black ice.

(I’m working on an album inspired by some of the bits of language in Neuromancer. Ambient but with kind of synthwave-inspired fake retroness to it, along with some actual retro FM synth hardware being abused.)

4 Likes

You’ll have to add some of the sound of a TV set, tuned to a dead channel.

2 Likes