Earworms - I just can't get you out of my head!

What songs haunt you, incessantly going round and round your brain? Sometimes the only way to get rid of them is to pass them on to others

Tell us what you’re listening to right now!

3 Likes

I’m listening to Evil Blizzard - 4 bassists and a drummer that sings!

4 Likes
4 Likes

I wonder what is in those pipes going into Shaun Ryder’s head?

10 Likes

this week it’s been Aliotta, Haynes, & Jeremiah’s “Lake Shore Drive.” this is not a bad thing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aobTFetvO0

5 Likes

Fire it Up, Modest Mouse.

…etceterenough…

I’ve heard it said that if you want an earworm gone, try singing, or listening to, Karma Chameleon by Boy George for awhile. It works like drinking water when you have the hiccups, only for your brain.

7 Likes
5 Likes
7 Likes

Darn it, reading that thread title triggered a minor earworm by itself…

(and unrelated… boy, did that movie ever have some horrible “disguises” for Kilmer)

8 Likes

Worth watching just for [angelic yodel]!

2 Likes

. . . not this one?

(sorry if it’s too obvious, but every time I see the thread title, this song immediately fires up in my brain–so how could I not :smiling_imp:)

13 Likes

It’s been stuck in my craw for nearly a fortnight…

It is so Morrissey…

Edit - I had never watched the video before. Pretentious Wanker springs to mind.

7 Likes
9 Likes

That’s not a bad thing - just go around life thinking how you’re going to roll it all up! Makes you feel powerful!

2 Likes

This rattles around in the old cranium on a regular basis – funny, because unlike most ear worms it doesn’t really have a strong hook. Love the song though.

Time Has Got Nothing to Do With It https://youtu.be/vkd5X8OgawI

6 Likes

Mrs Ficus hates that game. In no small part because of this earworm:

7 Likes

I see your Katamari Damacy and raise you Loco Roco 2. Warning: you may never hear sounds again.

7 Likes

swoon :kissing_closed_eyes:

1 Like

That’s exactly what I was thinking, although ironically if I get a song stuck in my head it’s never this one

1 Like

I sing in an acoustic duo; we perform mostly at assisted-living/memory-care centers for the elderly. This one’s just been recently added to our playlist, although not this particular version, but it’s close enough:

7 Likes