Earworms - I just can't get you out of my head!

1 Like
1 Like

I caught this one yesterday, and I really like it. Itā€™s a jumble of different genres, but it works, and the lyrics are fairly positive too:

(I think I need to listen to some more of this artist.)

1 Like

Remember this one? Or did you ever hear it?

1 Like

I donā€™t recall it, but itā€™s good! And I recognize the clothing and hairstyles from pictures Iā€™ve seen from when my mom and dad were young. :grin:

Hereā€™s the video of the Dream Warriors performing it:

1 Like

While this song and group from 2000 were never my cup of tea, I will own up to the fact for the last Twenty-One years, I thought they were singing about their HALF-pipe.

What? Skaters were popular back thenā€¦

3 Likes
2 Likes

Since Iā€™m now in a band as the lead vocalist, Iā€™ve got this in my head (not our take on itā€¦yet); Iā€™d never heard of any version of it till I joined the band and had to learn it.

2 Likes
2 Likes

My favourite Union Station tune.

Itā€™s a pure instrumental, but the emotional palette and conversation between the players is astonishing.

At a pub music trivia night, I once got this song on the second drumbeat.

1 Like

Iā€™m typically not much into country, though Iā€™ve been fond of some crossover artists like Chris Isaak and Alannah Myles. Now Iā€™ve got another one to add to the list: Orville Peck. I heard some of his music played on one of the Twitch streams I watch, and itā€™s really good!

Iā€™ve seen his voice compared to Roy Orbisonā€™s, and something about the sound production reminds me of Motownā€™s Big Sound, just a little. Plus the cinematography of the video is just gorgeous!

2 Likes

Heā€™s awesome!

I found him via this cover, which you might also enjoy (Aesthetic Perfection doing cellar sessions due to pandemic preventing live concerts):

And youā€™re right, Orville Peck really has that crossover appeal. Heā€™s crazy good. Guyā€™s got a voice and knows how to use it.

Iā€™d really love to see Orville Peck and Daniel Graves performing together - just imagine what that duet would be like.

1 Like
3 Likes

Milton Delugg and the Band with the Thug

2 Likes

Yā€™know, I donā€™t even have to hear any song outside of my head to have it be an earworm. Just the sight of this made the chorus start going in between my ears. Other times, just the memory of a title does it.

sigh.

2 Likes