Elections 2022

A round up of the current election cycle

A step in the right direction here in GA…

And speaking of Kemp, he’s seeking to outflank his Trump-backed rival and went on a campaign of signing right-wing bills this past week or so, including signing the controversial education bill in Forsyth County…

In case you’re not familiar with that county (north of the city), there was a racial cleansing in the early 20th century and was still largely a “sun down” county into the recent past (and is still overwhelmingly white)…

3 Likes

Step 1: Invent false history on social media.
Step 2: Do not attend debates.

4 Likes

Somehow Oregon has generated a politician even more annoying and horrible than Ted Cruz

( trigger warning / transphobia etc. )

1 Like

Oh you have no idea. Remember Lon Mabon?

2 Likes

From my era, Newt Gingrich was the most annoying. And Humphrey annoys the heck out of me, just reading about him.

In more serious news, Michigan’s gubernatorial race is this November. Gack. The roads didn’t get fixed - yikes! But the Trumpian nightmare is still going.

I miss Soapy Williams.

Spoiler: Gov. Williams made a case for more psychiatric services after calling his captor “a mental case”.

2 Likes

OMG is it over yet make it stop :grimacing:

3 Likes

Nope. Never watching network ever again.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Welp… I think this is probably gonna be some cringe… :grimacing:

I’m sure Mike will softball him. At the very least, I hope has Sen. Warnock on soon.

2 Likes

Okay, Mike just laid out what CRT is, and challenged Walker on his anti-CRT stance… Walker deflects to a general statement about education… He did start out with a bit of fawning over his football career.

2 Likes

Got our absentee-ballot applications in the mail Friday, gonna drop off or mail 'em (I bought stamps!) on Tuesday. Son’s gotta fill his out first.

2 Likes

From what I’ve read, Walker isn’t doing much to treat his various illnesses; or, maybe he is and whatever it is isn’t working too well.

And he’s been a good Tom, just like so many Black athletes have been - or who forced themselves to be in order to play.

1 Like

In denial about that, most likely, driven in part by toxic masculinity. “Real Men” don’t treat “fake mind diseases”… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I am a little disappointed with Mike saying “he’s not sure who he’s going to vote for”… I mean, come on. We got to get out of the voting for celebrities because they are celebrities mindset. Warnock is clearly the superior candidate of the two.

4 Likes

This is what I thought when I saw the numbers…

3 Likes

A spokesperson for the RNC said the party is attempting to rectify an imbalance in favor of Democratic election workers in large urban areas, particularly Detroit, a city that votes reliably Democratic by more than 90 percent. Just 170 of more than 5,400 Detroit election officials were Republicans in 2020, according to the RNC.

It’s Detroit, idiots… what do you expect to happen when you run on dog whistling racism for decades… :woman_shrugging:

I fully expect something similar in Fulton Co., which is a bit more split politically than Detroit. While southern Fulton is pretty solidly blue, the further north you get, the more purple it gets (though it used to be solidly red in the northern suburbs OTP).

“Democrats have had a monopoly on poll watching for 40 years, and it speaks volumes that they’re terrified of an even playing field,” said RNC spokesperson Gates McGavick. “The RNC is focused on training volunteers to take part in the election process because polling shows that American voters want bipartisan poll-watching to ensure transparency and security at the ballot box.”

It also strikes me that when you spend years telling your voters that government is the problem, you’re voters are going to be far less interested in this kind of civic engagement. I mean, that’s been the literal platform of the GOP since Reagan - getting government out of the way - and then you want to say it’s some Democratic conspiracy to control the levers of power?

giphy

4 Likes

And what about GOPers that think election monitoring is below them?

2 Likes

Maybe that’s part of the same phenomenon? Thinking that such things are “below” them is similar to being wary of seeing “the government” as something that is an outside force that is only an “oppressive” force in “real” life.

2 Likes

It’s like they’re breaking it on purpose so they can bitch about how difficult it is to it fixed!

3 Likes

kenan-thats-it

Pair that with the Trumpian view that “only I can fix it” and you have the perfect recipe for authoritarianism! All while they claim that they are the party of “freedom”… Assholes.

3 Likes