Elon Musk offers to “buy 100% of Twitter” for $43 billion

I remember when that term just meant insertion and penetration could be viewed.

1 Like

Yeah now it’s just metaphorically right up the ass. /s

2 Likes

I was confused today that the few people I follow on twitter had several crappy clickbait posts showing in their timeline… then I finally glanced at the bottom of them:

:nauseated_face: :face_vomiting:

Mixing those into people’s streams of posts, every three or four posts, with only that tiny indicator that it’s not theirs… That’s just slimy.

7 Likes

And now I’ve stopped seeing them again.

Wierd.

4 Likes

This disparity, the complaint alleges, “cannot be explained based upon a justification that Musk intended to retain more employees in engineering-related roles.” Killingsworth estimated that Musk terminated 63 percent of female employees in engineering-related roles, compared to 48 percent of male employees in engineering-related roles.

The complaint alleges that when Musk asked employees to agree to work in the office 24/7 or else voluntarily leave their jobs, “Musk would certainly have known that these policy changes and expectations would have a disproportionate impact on women, who are more often caregivers for children and other family members, and thus not able to comply with such demands.”

On the same day the women filed their class-action lawsuit, disabled employees and employees taking family or medical leave hit by layoffs also filed a class-action suit, represented by Liss-Riordan. Their complaint alleges that Twitter violated the Americans with Disabilities Act and the federal Family and Medical Leave Act.

The complaint estimates that Twitter laid off “approximately 60 percent of employees who were on leave” at the time of the November 4 layoffs.

I am Jack’s complete lack of surprise…

9 Likes
6 Likes

What’s wild here is it’s not just “Hey, we’re going a different direction, get out” sort of indifference, but instead an openly hostile “you deserve no better” vibe to all of this.

6 Likes
6 Likes

Such a “free speech absolutist”.

And how on earth does one legally define “occasional slip ups”?

8 Likes

In whatever way works for him. in the same way they have a clear definition of who can stay on the platform and who cannot. The whims of one megalomaniac.

This pledge is silly though. I’m sure every person already signed non-disclosure agreements to begin with. I guess this is so that he can turf people for reporting on non-confidential-but-disparaging info like the bedrooms.

6 Likes

Oh, I understand that’s his definition. The question is, what will happen when his definition runs into the legal definition. :smiley:

5 Likes

Maybe if he hadn’t fired his ENTIRE HR DEPARTMENT he could have conferred with them about how to soften the language.

5 Likes

Now all that seems to matter is how much abuse is he going to get away with before he sees any consequences at all.

So far the regulatory framework around employment has accomplished nothing; only the threat of advertisers spending less money has had any effect at all.

He’ll keep pushing until someone with teeth and claws pushes back.

5 Likes
7 Likes

Two of the lawyers I’ve been following on Twitter, Akiva Cohen and Popehat (Ken White), have announced they’re moving to other locations, spurred by Musk’s most recent antics RE: Anthony Fauci and Yoel Roth. It’s basically 1/3rd of the accounts I frequently check. Other accounts are saying they’re staying for now, but also diversifying.

9 Likes

Fauci?

Yeah, that. Brain kicked into phonetic spelling mode.

1 Like

Was searching for this info

and found this info

which somehow I missed.

3 Likes
7 Likes

even worse:

3 Likes