Events in our isolation

I don’t know how other people are dealing with this - lack of events. But I keep up with several bands and there have been a number of online concerts where they switch back and forth between a live band in Chicago, a DJ somewhere else, a live band in Australia, a DJ somewhere else, a live band in Germany or whatever. We’re lucky, internet and streaming video/audio couldn’t have handled this a few years ago.

Tonight was the 80’s top 100 one-hit wonders countdown. Tomorrow night theres another 80’s dance party. And two three of the bands I like have released something new and done a live stream for it this week.

It’s not the same as actually being there in a crowd, but it’s better than nothing. The live chat at least lets you talk to other people and kinda sorta feel like part of a crowd.

If you’re missing that kind of thing, take a look. There might be something there you’d enjoy.

10 Likes

Abney Park has been doing frequent streaming concerts through Indiegogo, most recently on New Years. The tickets for just the concert have been a not-too-expensive $15 so far. They have been gradually improving their tech game, decking out their home-based recording studio with an automated lighting system. No date yet for their next show, but I’m keeping an eye out.

4 Likes

Just got an update email today about their next show:

2 Likes

From the emails, just a short while ago… a free They Might Be Giants streaming concert:

A FREE EVENT FOR ALL! SPREAD THE WORD!
THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS’ LIVE STREAMING EVENT
IS THIS FRIDAY NIGHT!

It’s at https://flymachine.com/events/1562644388

We are performing a live show at First Avenue and it is being LIVE STREAMED for free simultaneously, so all can enjoy the show from the comfort of their phone while clamping, or project it on the side of their garage! SO MANY POSSIBILITIES!

It is being hosted by Fly Machine, who provide a reliable, durable service. Our experience with them has been fantastic so far with no complaints, so please –– tell everyone you know! This is going to be big!

1 Like