Eye Candy; Male Objectification

Ahh, the Olympics.

13 Likes

It took me a bit to realize he was oiled up. At first I thought his sweat was gonna freeze in that 20F weather, and heā€™d be dangling some nipplecicles by the end.

5 Likes

No shirt in that kind of cold? Dude must have been truly pumped for the occasion, or heā€™s just a really sturdy fella. Dang.

6 Likes

Tonga!

Seriously, that dude is the only attention I paid to the last summer games at all, and only because he went viral with his fine (but oily) assā€¦

6 Likes

Tickles me no end that he had so much fun in 2016 that he specifically set out to find a winter sport that he could learn (and excel in) just so he could be here in 2018.

I can think of few better reasons to learn how to cross-country ski. (Getting the vaccine to the outlying settlements, while certainly a noble and worthy aim, is NOT the reason I want to have.)

9 Likes

Besides, thatā€™s what St. Bernards are for.

Seriously, though, I like cross country skiing. Thereā€™s less reliance on apparatus than with downhill.

9 Likes

If thatā€™s your only objection, you may want to look at ski touring / backcountry climbing.

Put skins on your skis, and you can basically cross-country ski uphill, and, when you get to the top, take the skins off and theyā€™re alpine skis again.

Apparently, very big in Europe.

5 Likes

Fun fact: you can earn a varsity letter in cross country skiing in Minnesota.

Citation: I got one! (All my other ones were academic.)

8 Likes

TIL: it is possible to earn a varsity letter in academics.

10 Likes

Well, donā€™t know if itā€™s standard practice everywhere, but it was common around the Twin Cities back in the day.

6 Likes

I got one! I was surprised as hell to learn it existed, especially at my know-nothing high school.

6 Likes

The goofiest letter I got in high school was for being active in the ā€œtechnology club.ā€ One year we built a solar-powered geodesic dome that one of the kids lived in for a few days over winter break. We built the solar panels, too, because it was 1988 and you couldnā€™t just order one off Amazon.

14 Likes

Thatā€™s pretty cool!

10 Likes

Are you sure ā€œgeekyā€ isnā€™t the word you were looking for?
:grin:

10 Likes

Thereā€™s a considerable overlap. In this case Iā€™d go with ā€œpredominantly coolā€. :grinning:

9 Likes

Back then there wasnā€™t overlap. Iā€™m very glad we can retroactively assign coolness to such things!

7 Likes

Anyone else watching Altered Carbon?

Buddy got jacked since The Killing.

7 Likes

Speaking of lettering, true story: I dated a guy who lettered in Basketball at Beverly Hills High.

5 Likes

Got through about 30 minutes of episode one, and it became abundantly clear that itā€™s more NC-17 than PG-13, and had to turn it off because kid. Dā€™oh!

7 Likes

Hahahah oh yeah, there is a LOT of nudity, specifically full frontal male nudity. :wink:

Hence why my post is in this thread!

8 Likes