Fascist Infrastructure

Shoving Moloch down the throats of Christians, wingnut welfare branches out from Amway:

11 Likes

Fascist, indeed (as per that old maxim about fascism coming to American wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross?). But this is also an outcome of people exploiting the propensity of modern protestant Evangelicals to build their own subcultural structures that mirror general institutions found in mainstream culture.

7 Likes

Exclusionary, expensive, and corrupt as it surely will become once the DeVoses et al get their blood-funnels shoved up in there as with charter schoolsā€¦? With arbitrary payouts governed by religious whim, a new sort of religious tax dodge that can enact more new Jim Crow? It seems super-shady to me, but against private insurance I suppose itā€™s found a niche.

5 Likes

Kanga-quittal cominā€™.

6 Likes

The cheap, religious gofundme-surance offers scammers a new way to steal from people.

4 Likes

The back-end of colonialism.

4 Likes

Do you know that as an absolutely-certain fact?

'Cause if you do, I need to know lottery numbers, or where all the money is hidden in my house, something like that. And Iā€™d share, too - I ainā€™t no Repugnantcan.

2 Likes

Itā€™s a link? I see the Russian and American power structures the sameā€”unfeeling power structures by and for the rich. This isnā€™t team sports. I know you are facing real life challenges. Iā€™m not trying to take away from that.

2 Likes

I gotcha, but itā€™s justā€¦well, I see so many people saying ā€œTHIS is whatā€™s going to happenā€ and ā€œ2020 is destined to be worse than 2019ā€ and I just donā€™t get how people are so sure that the POTUS isnā€™t/is gonna be tried.

i understand probabilities, however, believe it or not.

^ that is what i meant. sorry, shoulda been more specific.

see, 'cause the world could be blown up before ANYthing else could happenā€¦couldnā€™t it? though itā€™s not very probable, is it?

oh donā€™t mind the rantings of a crazy person, lol.

3 Likes

Personally, I predict that Rump wonā€™t make it too far into this year if he keeps making Thuglicans worried about his election chances.

Weā€™re all crazy people.

2 Likes

Perhaps more apropos.: https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/pked4v/the-anarchist-daughter-of-the-gops-gerrymandering-mastermind-just-dumped-all-his-maps-and-files-on-google-drive

4 Likes
3 Likes

Itā€™s reality TV turned into real reality. Weā€™re supposed to act like audience members. Feel free to join those of us in the back row who arenā€™t in the shot when the camera pans across the audience.

3 Likes

Do you mean ā€œactualā€?

PS: I donā€™t watch television any more, much less so-called ā€œrealityā€ shows.

2 Likes
1 Like

Who the ā€œweā€ blaming the wrong people?

Whoā€™s getting it right in the humble columnistā€™s opinion piece? Billionaires.

3 Likes

Larry Hogan is the politiciian Donald Trump wishes he could be,

3 Likes

Iā€™ve argued that, in many respects, the presidency of Donald Trump is more ā€œnormalā€ than some people would like to admit.

2 Likes
5 Likes
7 Likes