Fuck Today, Reboot Edition

19 dead and 50+ injured at a bombing in Manchester last night.

Fuck today.

14 Likes

I canā€™t ā€˜likeā€™ that, but yes. Absolutely.

7 Likes

This is not a huge deal, in the grand scheme of things, but stillā€¦ I lost a filling today. Itā€™s a relief that I didnā€™t swallow it because one edge was sharp.

It doesnā€™t really hurt at the moment, but I havenā€™t had anything to eat or drink, yet. The pisser is that my dentist is out of town until Tuesday, so Iā€™ll have five days of it, to the hour.

Hey, today: I fart in your general direction. :unamused:

16 Likes

this doesnā€™t seem to be making the national news yet. a white supremacist killed two people on the portland oregon light rail yesterday.

the man started insulting and harassing two women for wearing hijabs, when other riders interrupted him, he attacked those other riders.

one person died from their throat being cut, another person died despite hospitalization. a third person injured is recovering.

http://www.portlandmercury.com/blogtown/2017/05/27/19041594/suspect-in-portland-hate-crime-murders-is-a-known-white-supremacist

13 Likes
17 Likes

Yesterday one of our cats had knee surgery to fix a congenital defect that would have caused major problems later in life if left unchecked.

The surgery went smoothly and now she has to have a massive bandage (more like a splint made of huge amounts of gauze) on her leg for the next two weeks and she is utterly miserable. Itā€™s going to be a long couple of weeks.

Just look at it!

22 Likes

Wow! Someoneā€™s made sure that kittyā€™s staying put!

9 Likes

(Looks closer) Is that a leopard-print pattern on the not-a-cast?

Oh the ignominy! :smile:

13 Likes

It matches her spots! And if you look closely you can see her spots extend to her skin which is neat.

13 Likes

So they do! I thought that was a strap around her torso, at first.

8 Likes

That seems to be a cat thing. Even Sphinx cats have that.

Your poor kitty! Hope the embarrassment is worse than the discomfort, though of course for a cat thatā€™s a tough call.

8 Likes

Look at that poor unhappy kitty face! So irritated!

Give them lots of love and treats! Hopefully the catnnoyance now will be worth it later on.

8 Likes

I ended up home sick today, just to get a text from my dad that my mother has gone to emergency with unexplained dizziness and shakes.

Fuck Today.

16 Likes

I hope you and your mom are better today.

9 Likes

Iā€™ll second that, wholeheartedly - and @CleverEmiā€™s hopes that things are on the up.

3 Likes

Itā€™s day 4 after Tabithaā€™s surgery. She canā€™t really walk or stand her own still and tonight she was totally stressed out - trembling and generally really unhappy. I think itā€™s just more frustration than anything really wrong (sheā€™s eating and drinking and finally had her first post surgery poop today which was pretty epic).

Iā€™m sure this is all a part of the heading process but damn if it isnā€™t stressful. Iā€™ve been sleeping next to her in her cage since Wednesday and Iā€™ve barely had any sleep since then since Iā€™m trying to keep an eye on her and give her pain meds at comically stupid hours.

Iā€™m just so. fucking. tired. Iā€™ve probably had 8 total hours of sleep since Wednesday and I do not function well at all when Iā€™m like this. Iā€™m just nodding off pretty much all the time now.

Iā€™ve had many assurances that this is all for the best but man if this doesnā€™t suck right now. Her bandage comes off in a week and a half. Fuck me, 11 more days of this. Once it comes off sheā€™ll still need to be caged and supervised for another 4 weeks since sheā€™ll not be allowed to run or jump but at just sheā€™ll be able to walk normally and things should be much better then but it feels so far away right now.

The things we do for our children.

22 Likes

Iā€™m sorry that Tabitha is having to go through this. Sheā€™s lucky to have you, though. Keep up the good pet parenting.

12 Likes

How are both you and the patient doing?

7 Likes

Thanks for asking. Itā€™s day 12. Her checkup went well and sheā€™s on track to have her bandage removed on Wednesday. Then itā€™s a couple more weeks of being in a cage or supervised while outside the cage but sheā€™ll at least not have this huge thing on her leg.

While she still needs help to use the litter box (because of balance and we donā€™t want her bandage to get dirty) and sheā€™s generally unhappy that she canā€™t run around and play with her BFF sheā€™s doing alright - sheā€™s largely back to being herself.

Sheā€™s figured out how to stand and walk around and she leaves her bandage alone so we donā€™t need to E-collar her (except at night when sheā€™s not being supervised as much).

As for me, I canā€™t wait to be able to sleep in a normal bed again. I know things will be much better once she has use of her leg back.

Her doctor says sheā€™s going to have a wicked scar (that weā€™ll never see one her fur grows back) so Iā€™ll be sure to take a picture.

Iā€™m just hoping we wonā€™t need to do this again on her other knee. It has the same problem but not at the same severity so we may be able to get away with not doing surgery for a while (or at all) depending on how things progress after sheā€™s fully healed on her left side.

12 Likes

Youā€™re welcome! Sounds like things are improving, at least (for you both:)) I am glad sheā€™s both generally recovering, and getting some mobility back.
Keep us informed, okay?

4 Likes