Fuck Today, Reboot Edition

I had a doctor who was equally dismissive to me this summer. I wound up in the hospital that fall.

12 Likes

Gad, I remember you were gone for awhile. I hope you are ALL better! Or at least among the walking wounded.

9 Likes

Iā€™m sending every last drop of hugs and cares that I have.
:cry:

12 Likes

So sorry to hear this.

10 Likes

I am sending much love to you and your family.

12 Likes

Oh sweetheart. These will be some extraordinarily tough days. But know that as difficult as they were to make, those decisions about your dad were the best you could possibly do. Heā€™s loved and not in pain, although that doesnā€™t make it any easier for you. Thinking of you and your dad. And hoping you find some peace and comfort, though that may take time. Much love.

14 Likes

You are doing a good job of taking care of your dad. My thoughts are with your entire family at this time.

14 Likes

Iā€™m so sorry to hear that. Take good care of yourself and your family right now.

13 Likes

Just catching up after travel. So sorry to see this, pal. Thinking of you.

9 Likes

Dad passed at 12:54 AM.

Iā€™d been wrestling with the idea of pulling the plugā€¦ I knew he had no chance of recovery and it was wrong to let him linger. But under the terms of the DNR, once the dialysis filter was done, they couldnā€™t install a new one, so the hospital removed the machine. That was earlier Saturday. After discussion with the doctor, we had his ventilator removed, and he got drugs to keep him comfortable until the end.

Heā€™s at peace, and out of his pain.

Thank you all for your kind and wonderful support.

23 Likes

Fuck. So sorry. Even after what I wrote earlier, I was hoping for a recovery. So much love and strength to you.

9 Likes

We are here for you. Just remember that.
Take care of yourself.

9 Likes

A day doesnā€™t go by without a thought for both my mother and father, and theyā€™ve both been gone more than 20 years now. You never get over the loss of your parents, but you do carry on. Take care of yourself and your loved ones.

11 Likes

Iā€™m so sorry to hear that. Please take care.

8 Likes

Iā€™m sorry for your loss. Take care of yourself.

9 Likes

Iā€™m so sorry. He was very lucky to have you with him all the way.

12 Likes

Sorry for your loss. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts.

9 Likes

13 Likes

The stars were almost aligned.

I have finished some paintings. I was going to get a free Advair this month (buy 3, get 4th free). I chose food and medicine over rent so I could get work done, knowing that Iā€™d get $300 from a medical study by the end of the month and make up the slack.

Andā€¦I didnā€™t pass the screening.
The study coordinator thought Iā€™d be a shoo-in. I was the worst the last ENT had ever seen. She thinks all that prednisone I took when I almost died from the bronchitis might have permanently shrunk them a bit.
I have to wait a month before I can be re-screened.

So, no food, no rent, interrupted internet. Fuck.

EDIT: Shoo-in, not shoe-in. Fatigue.

20 Likes

If it makes you feel any better, Iā€™m in a similar situation. You are not alone. Iā€™ve been living hand-to-mouth for about a year now, and Iā€™m so tired of the struggle. My hours keep getting cut at work - new staff have to be accommodated, plus fucking public holidays mean fewer hoursā€™ work too. Iā€™ve not been able to pay my rent in full on time every month this year (and many months last year as well). Iā€™ve even stopped smoking for four weeks in the past two months because I just didnā€™t have money for tobacco after paying bills etc. And Iā€™ll have to stop permanently with the next government-enforced price rise because itā€™s ridiculous bullshit to be paying $90+ for 50 grams of tobacco, even if that does last me between a week and 10 days. The next rise is scheduled for June. My doctorā€™s thrilled but Iā€™m less than impressed.

Anyway. I hear ya. The struggle is real.

16 Likes