Game: "And then the murders began."

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist. Michael Knight: a young loner on a crusade to champion the cause of the innocent, the helpless, the powerless, in a world of criminals who operate above the law. And then the murders began.

5 Likes

Well, if we’re doing TV shows now…

“Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology.” And then the murders began.

• The Six Million Dollar Man

This briefing is from file A56-7W. Classified Top Secret. Subject is, Airwolf. A Mach 1+ attack helicopter with the most advanced weapons system in the air today. It’s been hidden somewhere in the Western United States by its test pilot Stringfellow Hawke. And then the murders began.

• Airwolf

In 1972 a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn’t commit. And then the murders began.

• The A-Team
8 Likes

"Call me Ishmael."
And then the murders began.

6 Likes

I figured part of the idea was that sometimes, the line fits in place with no further changes.

Lars Porsena of Clusium,
By the Nine Gods he swore
That the great house of Tarquin
Should suffer wrong no more.
And then began the murders –
For he named a trysting day,
And bade his messengers ride forth,
East and west and south and north,
To summon his array.

• Lord Macaulay, Horatius at the Bridge

Then sometimes you can put in the one line and leave the rest the same, yet now terribly different.

In the great green room
There was a telephone
And a red balloon
And a picture of the cow jumping over the moon.

• Margaret Brown, Good Night, Moon :dagger:
9 Likes

ONE day when Pooh Bear had nothing else to do, he thought he would do something, so he went round to Piglet’s house to see what Piglet was doing.

19 Likes

[spoiler][quote=“Nonentity, post:63, topic:350”]
In 1972 a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn’t commit. And then the murders began.

• The A-Team
    [/quote]

This is an entirely different show now. I bet they don’t miss with those Mini 14s now.

B.A. get to the Murder Van.[/spoiler]

6 Likes

Once upon a time there was a princess named Gloria Cheng Epstein Takahara de la Garza Champion who lived in a castle by a waterfall with a pink and purple wall. She had a pet snake and she ate a whole cake because there wasn’t anybody there to tell her what to do. And then the murders began.

• The Princess Who Saved Herself, Greg Pak/Jonathan Coulton

In the light of the stars, a little tomb lay in drowned R’lyeh. One Sunday morning, the stars came almost right, and - boom! - out of the crypt came a big and very hungry cthulhupillar. And then the murders began.

• The Very Hungry Cthulhupillar, Jamie Chambers
    Yeah, that sums up the story pretty well. Surprise?

Come and listen to my story about a man named Jed, a poor mountaineer (barely kept his family fed); and then one day he was shootin’ at some food, and up through the ground come a-bubblin’ crude. And then the murders began.

• Beverly Hillbillies
12 Likes

A friendly desert community where the sun is hot, the moon is beautiful, and mysterious lights pass overhead while we all pretend to sleep. And then the murders begin. Welcome to Night Vale.

First came a supernova, dazzling the universe in brief, spendthrift glory before ebbing into twisty, multispectral clouds of new-forged atoms. Swirling eddies spiraled until one of them ignited – a newborn star.

The virgin sun wore whirling skirts of dust and electricity. Gas and rocks and bits of this and that fell into those pleats, gathering in dim lumps… planets… and then the murders began.

– David Brin, Earth

A hundred and fifty years before, when the parochial disagreements between Earth and Mars had been on the verge of war, the Belt had been a far horizon of tremendous mineral wealth beyond viable economic reach, and the outer planets had been beyond even the most unrealistic corporate dream. Then Solomon Epstein had built his little modified fusion drive, popped it on the back of his three-man yacht, and turned it on. And then the murders began.

– James Corey, Leviathan Wakes

6 Likes

We hold these truths to be self-evident: That all men are created equal. And then the murders began.

Governments of the Industrial World, you weary giants of flesh and steel, I come from Cyberspace, the new home of Mind. And then the murders began.

About twenty years ago Jobs and Wozniak, the founders of Apple, came up with the very strange idea of selling information processing machines for use in the home. And then the murders began.

Frank Sinatra, holding a glass of bourbon in one hand and a cigarette in the other, stood in a dark corner of the bar between two attractive but fading blondes who sat waiting for him to say something. And then the murders began.

There is an underground telephone network in this country. And then the murders began.

We were on our way to the colmado for an errand, a beer for my tio, when Rafa stood and tilted his head, as if listening to a message I couldn’t hear, something beamed in from afar. And then the murders began.

In my younger and more vulnerable years my father gave me some advice that I’ve been turning over in my mind ever since. And then the murders began.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. And then the murders began.

The force at the core leading our cause forward is the Chinese Communist Party. And then the murders began.

Billy Pilgrim has become unstuck in time. And then the murders began.

15 Likes

FTFY

9 Likes

Perfect.

9 Likes

Mrs. Rachel Lynde lived just where the Avonlea main road dipped down into a little hollow, fringed with alders and ladies’ eardrops and traversed by a brook that had its source away back in the woods of the old Cuthbert place; it was reputed to be an intricate, headlong brook in its earlier course through those woods, with dark secrets of pool and cascade; but by the time it reached Lynde’s Hollow it was a quiet, well-conducted little stream, for not even a brook could run past Mrs. Rachel Lynde’s door without due regard for decency and decorum; it probably was conscious that Mrs. Rachel was sitting at her window, keeping a sharp eye on everything that passed, from brooks and children up, and that if she noticed anything odd or out of place she would never rest until she had ferreted out the whys and wherefores thereof. And then the murders began.

4 Likes

FTFTFY :wink:

6 Likes

They set a Slamhound on Turner’s trail in New Delhi, slotted it to his pheromones and the color of his hair. It caught up with him on a street called Chandni Chauk and came scrambling for his rented BMW through a forest of bare brown legs and pedicab tires. And then the murders began.

– William Gibson, Count Zero

6 Likes

holy run-on! I suppose this would be the case against the height of civilization being the proper use of the semi-colon.

5 Likes

Take it up with Lucy Maud. The rules say ATTMB must be the second sentence; my hands were tied.

ETA:

Squire Trelawney, Dr. Livesey, and the rest of these gentlemen having asked me to write down the whole particulars about Treasure Island, from the beginning to the end, keeping nothing back but the bearings of the island, and that only because there is still treasure not yet lifted, I take up my pen in the year of grace 17__ and go back to the time when my father kept the Admiral Benbow inn and the brown old seaman with the sabre cut first took up his lodging under our roof. And then the murders began.

6 Likes

21 Likes

At the time “I” was “writing” this book, my father was running for president of the United States. And then the murderous reviews began.

– Ivanka Trump, Women Who Work

11 Likes

Happy families are all alike; every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way. And then the murders begin.

11 Likes

This is the song that doesn’t end; yes, it goes on and on my friends. Some people started singing it, not knowing what it was, and then the murders began.

• Lamb Chop’s MurderPlay-Along
8 Likes