Game: "And then the murders began."

The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel and then the murders began.

14 Likes

Hi, I’m not a real person. I’m a bot that can teach you about this site. To interact with me, send me a message or mention @discobot anywhere.

And then the murders began.

18 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

7 Likes

And then the murders began?

11 Likes

Jack and Jill went up the hill, and then the murders began.

–Made for T.V. nursery chryme.

11 Likes

Sunny days, sweepin’ the clouds away…

8 Likes

A regular expression (regex or regexp for short) is a special text string for describing a search pattern. You can think of regular expressions as wildcards on steroids. You are probably familiar with wildcard notations such as *.txt to find all text files in a file manager. The regex equivalent is ^.*\.txt$. And then the murders began.

9 Likes

Ahhh, this allows me to revisit my absolute favorite childhood classic! The Phantom Tollbooth
by Norton Juster. (Ahem.)

There was once a boy named Milo who didn’t know what to do with himself–not just sometimes, but always. And then the murders began.

o_O

10 Likes

The idea that regexes could lead to murder seems all too real to me…

Yo listen up, here’s the story
About a little guy that lives in a blue world
And all day and all night and everything he sees is just blue
Like him, inside and outside
…And then the murders began.

5 Likes

‘Twas the night before Christmas, when all thro’ the house
Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.
Then the murders began.

*This reminds me of the game where you say something then add “between the sheets.”

9 Likes

(For those who haven’t seen this book, this is the only line until the last page. The last page contains the titular line “Good Dog, Carl!”)

14 Likes

In West Philadelphia, born and raised
On the playground is where I spent most of my days
Chillin’ out, maxin’, relaxin’ all cool
And all shootin’ some b-ball outside of the school
When a couple of guys who were up to no good
Started makin’ trouble in my neighborhood
I got in one little fight and then the murders began

9 Likes

Of course Carl’s a good dog - he hides the bodies!

8 Likes

Buries 'em in the back yard.

5 Likes

Truly, the hero we all need.

6 Likes

The Cylons were created by man.

6 Likes

“There is nothing wrong with your television set, do not attempt to adjust the picture. We are controlling transmission.”
… and then the murders began.

8 Likes

It’s a beautiful day in this neighborhood,
A beautiful day for a neighbor.
Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?..

It’s a neighborly day in this beauty wood,
A neighborly day for a Murder.
Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?..

Then the murders began.

8 Likes

Care Bear countdown:
…And then the murders began.

6 Likes

In the criminal justice system, sexually based offenses are considered especially heinous.
In New York City, the dedicated detectives who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Special Victims Unit. And then the murders began.

Edit: I picturing it starting off with Olivia joining the SVU not realizing the full depths that this unit goes to. Munch and Fin are out there offing the perps while Eliot turns a blind eye and tries to keep Olivia from finding out what really goes on. This goes on for a few seasons until the cliffhanger episode of season thirteen when Olivia catches on why no one is ever brought to trial is because they are all dead. The season fourteen shows that she’s on board and it falls into a slow and steady grind of Murder the Rapist that somewhat reminds you of a recent news story.

5 Likes