Genderbender: Sexual Identity and Gender Identity

Just arrived. And thanks again for your comment above.

7 Likes

Welcome!

6 Likes

That sucks :frowning: I’m sorry you had to go through that.

5 Likes

Thanks. Fortunately, I’m in a much better place now. And had I not had that particular experience, I would have become a completely different person, which, when you think of it, is kind of scary.

7 Likes

I think, outside anthropology, the sex/gender distinction creates more confusion than clarity.

Hormones. Bodies. Some of us feel significantly happier, or alive-er, with certain hormone levels. Some people feel more whole with certain anatomy. Based on the David Reimer case, and on various other cases, (e.g. xy children assigned female due to cloacal exstrophy often identify as male), and some studies of the hypothalamus (Zhou et al.), this seems to be biologically-rooted.

Making sense of our lives, often including gendered bullying and/or abuse.

Navigating gatekeepers and society in general.

Not getting outed or othered.

7 Likes

After some discussions on Tumblr, I want to clarify that just because someone complains about “penis havers” doesn’t mean they’re a trans-exclusionary radfem. It’s entirely possible that they’re a telf, or a crow, or a troödon. If they complain about uterus-havers and egg-haters, they’re probably a crow. If they complain about tyrannosaurs, they’re probably a troödon.

On that note:

http://giganotosaurus.org/2016/02/01/the-scrape-of-tooth-and-bone/

2 Likes

This is the future liberals want:

13 Likes

But what’s the correct pronoun for each gender?

5 Likes

them

9 Likes

That would be one pronoun for every 1 Hertz step in frequency that a human can hear… assuming that human is a child, has not been exposed to anything that would damage his/her/(etc x 20000)'s hearing, and had extraordinarily good hearing to begin with.

5 Likes

I could do without the “mate just by bumping into them” part.

8 Likes

Fungus child support cases must be hella complicated.

8 Likes

:rofl:

4 Likes

3 Likes

I can do without fungus. Not only am I allergic to mold, but I think they are gross. I once overwatered the garden. We got mold, as well as the biggest crop of mushrooms I’ve ever seen in my life; not just quantity but types of mushrooms. At least a dozen different kinds. I’m not kidding. But to cap it all off - ha, ha - a couple of tall spindly ones grew out of the frigging doormat. Like overnight. Yucch. I suppose I have mycophobia.

I like the regular edible kind in chicken Marsala though.

5 Likes

8 Likes

Yecch. But you gotta dig that groovy mustache.

4 Likes

https://theestablishment.co/on-trans-day-of-remembrance-i-ask-how-many-have-been-forgotten

content warning: suicide, animation warning

4 Likes

15 Likes

The UK press has been attacking trans people continually for weeks now, and Paris Lees has had it:

14 Likes