Get rid of my account on the "other place"

Any suggestions on how to get rid of my account in the “other place”? I messaged the admins requesting they delete it, but nothing. Do I need to call one of the “main” people there a bad name to get booted off?

2 Likes

I have a jpg you can use for fast, FAST! relief from active account ownership:

16 Likes

I would expect you could ask Oren to delete or anonymize your account. If he hasn’t responded yet, it’s probably not out of spite or anything.

8 Likes

How long ago did you make the request? I’m guessing Oren just hasn’t gotten to it yet.

6 Likes

it’s been awhile…that’s probably it, just getting impatient I suppose.

5 Likes

I’d send him a PM, gently reminding him.

3 Likes

Thank you!!

5 Likes

Personally I just haven’t bothered going there. Same result.

6 Likes

Same result, more clutter :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I do not possess the technical skill right now to create a plugin, but I do want to put the option to anonymize the account on user control panels. More power to the members and all that. I mean, shit, Proboards does that, and Proboards is how old?

4 Likes

What’s the clutter? Notifications?

I ask because I genuinely don’t know. My BBS handle is tied to a long-extinct email address. When I don’t go there (and I haven’t in some time), it falls off my radar completely. I’ve never been tempted to bother with anonymizing my account, as I don’t really see the point.

7 Likes

Yeah, weekly summaries when you’ve been away from bbs a while. I finally got off my duff and unsubscribed - found the link in small print at the very bottom of one of these and took measures to decrease the clutter in my Inbox.

6 Likes

I meant more clutter for them, not for me. I know it doesn’t actually affect them very much at all but I’m quite happy to leave my account dormant on the site in case there is some weird thing I remember from there and want to look up in five years’ time. It’s not wasting my storage space; why should I clean it up for them?

6 Likes

I opted for optimization the other day just to close it out.

I still have BB on my twitters so I’d get drawn in to posting.

This put an end to that.

9 Likes