Get your game on!

I’m always in a quandary about those games that let you do evil things. Like in Skyrim. Try as I might, even with pixels, I can’t not do the right thing.

12 Likes

Mostly I’m like that too. I hated Saints Row because my character killed somebody they didn’t need to, right off the bat.

But in Morrowind and Oblivion (I never played Skyrim) I was a compulsive thief, occasional assassin and once a destroyer of an entire village.

4 Likes

There’s a lot of fun to be had in Bethesda games from deliberately role-playing something you are not. In my first playthrough of all of the Fallout/Oblivion games, I always try to be the hero.

Second play through? How about I just shoot you in the face and take the reward you were going to give me for that hour-long, pointless fetch-quest? You end up feeling pretty ashamed with yourself but it’s also kind of liberating…

5 Likes

Thanks for avoiding spoilers. I’m relatively early in the game and playing it infrequently. Your comment supports the other reviews that prompted me to go out and purchase it.

Yeah, I get that feeling a lot in the Rockstar games in particular. I enjoy them, but feel very dirty playing them as well.

5 Likes

I recently played the excellent Night in the Woods (having supported its Kickstarter) along with friends, and it really polarized people. We all thought it was excellently made, but without giving anything away, the main character is a deeply troubled young woman (well, cat), and her friends have all had rough backgrounds of one sort or another. The idea of playing a character in a game that says and does things that aren’t always all that nice really bothered some folks. I’ve known people like her, so it really spoke to me.

1 Like

Even when I intentionally start out trying to be evil, I always end up reverting. But then I also start out saying I’m going to be such and such class, and I always end up a magic user.

4 Likes

Almost all of my gaming time goes to FFXIV on PC these days. I’ve been a long time fan of the franchise, and XIV is a beautiful game as well as highly addictive. Right now I probably spend most of my time on crafting jobs. Lots of fun.

I do still enjoy CSGO and L4D, but it’s been ages since I’ve played them or any of my other steam games. Several consoles and hand held systems are similarly languishing.

For tabletop, I have had fun with Munchkin.

4 Likes

On rare occasions, I can create a character specifically for the evil options. I may have about 4 or 5 characters going, and only with my “designated evil” character can I make myself click the “not good” option, and even then I feel guilty about it. One thing about writing fiction: it helps you to be able to say “this is my villain to do villainous things.”

5 Likes

Fallout4 - 3rd play through. Must have all the endings!
Fallout New Vegas - yay backward compatibility Xbone FTW!

Kona

The Long Dark

Thats it, thats all.

5 Likes

I’m not playing much at them moment, but when I do find time I usually end up playing Crusader Kings 2, or the Game of Thrones mod for it.

For someone who doesn’t like the idea of monarchies, I seem to have a lot of fun with it.

My normal gaming schedule should resume next week though

I usually end up playing Elder Scrolls/Fallout games as a “hero” with a non-existent understanding of personal or private property.

7 Likes

If you didn’t want me to take it you shouldn’t have carefully hidden it in your home/pocket

10 Likes

Did you have rl mustache to twiddle while you waited as well?

2 Likes

You mean the stuff you sell back to the npcs right?

3 Likes

If you don’t sell it back how can you steal it again?

2 Likes

On the desktop I only really play Combat Mission. I managed to build something of a reputation as a scenario designer. Unfortunately I don’t have nearly as much time for it currently.

In the phone I just surf teh innawebs … like right now :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Recently finished my fifth playthrough of The Witcher 3 and am now going through Batman: Arkham Knight. It’s decent on PC, now that it’s been patched to high heaven…although I’m enjoying it, I’m wanting it to end soon so I can uninstall it, it has a massive HDD footprint.

Will get Full Throttle on my Vita soon, and jump back into the Gwent beta.

Finally need to eventually pick up a PS4…as I got the recent Humble Bundle that had the remakes of the first two Destroy All Humans! games. They were a hell of a lot of fun.

2 Likes

I’ve gotta get around to upgrading my box to do DOOM justice.

6 Likes

And their houses.

What? You think I am going to wait until morning and not take that opportunity to improve my lock picking skills?

6 Likes

Yeah, it just doesn’t run smoothly enough on a 386. You need to get at least a 486 to get the full experience.

14 Likes

Totally worth it though.

4 Likes