Gun Control

Thanks – we used Budget on a trip in the past year or two. Never again. ETA unless they change their ways.

3 Likes
5 Likes

(Hope this isn’t a bad thread for this, I can move it elsewhere if needed)

11 Likes

Because we all know that teenagers respond to threats from authority figures by becoming good little girls and boys.

If I weren’t so cynical, I’d almost see this as a gesture of support from the administration; this will probably drive more people to protest, not fewer.

If they really wanted to shut this down, they’d try to join in and make it a school spirit event.

18 Likes

I doubt they’re smart enough to think of that.

12 Likes

Yes, we can’t have any of that commie “awareness” going on in our schools.

Here’s hoping the numbers are in the hundreds, not the dozens. A whole-school suspension would attract the kind of attention Superintendent Rhodes would like to avoid.

13 Likes

Doubt the whole school will join in; it’s an anti-gun protest in Texas, and some people will fear the academic consequences.

That said, get enough people participating, and they may be too big to fail.

8 Likes

Apparently Rhodes isn’t a stranger to this kind of attention…

“In 2008, a decision he made to forbid a Native American kindergarten student from wearing long hair was ruled to be a violation of the child’s right to religious freedom twice, by federal district and appeals courts.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/grade-point/wp/2018/02/21/a-texas-school-superintendent-threatens-to-suspend-students-protesting-gun-laws-but-thats-not-legal/

15 Likes

https://politicaldig.com/fedex-norton-and-wyndham-hotels-just-dumped-the-nra-as-backlash-intensifies/

5 Likes

Look at it! The wind’s changed. Something’s happening. He’s not having it all his own way. His darkness is breaking up out in the world there.

5 Likes

Delta and United Airlines too.

7 Likes
10 Likes

So next time an American cop goes on about how they put their life on the line at work… let this be a reminder gun circulation means everyone else does too.

9 Likes

To quote Noël Coward,

“how can I make it clear
this is not a good idea.”

7 Likes

And on a different aspect of gun control:

I love how you need to be in a government database in order to fly any model aircraft heavier than half a pound… but any kind of electronic recordkeeping for gun ownership is completely out of the question.

11 Likes

We need a national well-regulated militia association, to defend civilians’ right to light reconnaissance equipment which won’t kill anyone.

3 Likes

The NRA should rebrand themselves, in a move towards honesty, as the NTINLDFAARA.

The “National There Is No Legal Definition For An Assault Rifle Association.”

6 Likes

[edit]Rethinking this, I really didn’t intend to risk derailing the thread. Sorry[/edit]

1 Like

It’s really difficult to tell with Lapierre where the actual crazy ends and the dogwhistling begins:

I think this is the only reasonable explanation of his galloping fuckwittery:

7 Likes

But which one is the satire? I can’t tell. :thinking:

4 Likes