5 Likes

Ah! thanks!

5 Likes

You’re most welcome!

2 Likes

Oops thanks.

Still not quite sure that would fit…

3 Likes

If you’re not familiar with ATL, this is a part of mid-town that has historically been a gayborhood, although less so since gentrification has come for this part of town.

6 Likes

JFK these people

6 Likes

Illinois Supreme Court rules in favor of assault weapons ban

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/4149346-illinois-supreme-court-rules-in-favor-of-assault-weapons-ban/

7 Likes

What a weenie. Real men own atomic bombs.

2 Likes

From the article:

I’m standing here on my front porch. This porch kind of became famous through the governor’s run and became famous when I was speaking on nonsense.

This guy has a serious case of main character syndrome, doesn’t he? He thinks his porch is famous. He’s a former state representative who’s lost any attempt at higher office. His porch is only famous in his own mind.

5 Likes
1 Like

Now we have to worry about Florida Boy, too? :wink:

2 Likes
1 Like

In case you missed it:

2 Likes

ugh, i have a league bowling tournament tonight, and this has been haunting me even more than the regular mass-shootings already do. i am wondering what the vibe is going to be like at our local alley. so horrible.

2 Likes
1 Like

the army had asked local police to check on Card over concerns he would “snap and commit a mass shooting”.

Sagadahoc County Sheriff Joel Merry said in a Monday evening statement that, on two occasions in September, a deputy could not find the reservist at his home in Bowdoin, prompting a state-wide alert.

He also said that his office was contacted in May by members of Card’s family who were concerned over his mental health and access to weapons.

A deputy within his office then notified Card’s Army Reserve training group.

That there were multiple clear warnings is bad, but it’s kinda a rock and a hard place there.

How much can they really legitimately do just based on rumors and hearsay and pre-emptive accusations that someone might do something in the future?

Confiscating his guns? Maybe, although that has some limitations and wouldn’t prevent him from obtaining others. Committing him to a psych hospital? They did that, and then he was released. And there are good reasons why you can’t just indefinitely commit someone against their will, due to abuses of that in the past.

Must really suck for those who knew in advance but couldn’t really do anything to stop it.

2 Likes

Probably makes no difference, but

1 Like